"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Making Halloween Memories

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. When I was younger I loved getting dressed up, and even won a few costume contests! But I hated trick-or-treating. I would always go out for about 30 minutes and then I was done. My dad when bring me back home and then take my younger sister Whitney back out and they wouldn't return until late. She loved trick-or-treating! Then Whitney and I would sit and trade candy. I would give her 5 pieces of cheap candy for one Reeses. She was all about quantity and I was concerned with quality. Though I didn't enjoy the holiday, I have fond memories because any holiday was a special time at my house. I want holidays to be fun at our home too!
Creighton got a fun Halloween toy this year, a dancing/singing Frankenstein. He loved to watch him go!
My friend Heidi from dental hygiene school told me once about a tradition her family had. Each year they had a "Halloween Feast" and would have different Halloween foods. I thought it sounded like a lot of fun so I decided to try it this year. I came up with a few clever things. We had green "ghoul-aid" and there were bugs in our ice cubes.
A chocolate spider cake!
Cheese ball Eye-balls. Cason loves cheese ball, it's one of his favorite snacks, so he was loving these!
And mummy wrapped hot dogs and bloody fingers! Ok-so the bloody fingers weren't so clever, but I was running out of ideas. And Creighton loves french fries. So he was very happy!
Creighton asked his daddy to help him carve his pumpkin. Creighton wanted his face on the pumpkin. Cason tried his best-and it turned out great! He even included Creighton's two teeth!

Creighton "our little monster" was so pleased with how his pumpkin turned out.
He has a great monster face!
I just couldn't get enough of this little guy in his costume! He looked so great and was such a good sport about the hood.
Creighton made the rounds to visit grandparents and we even stopped to get some neat Halloween pictures taken. He was so tired! His first Halloween was sure great!

8 comments:

  1. He's so stinkin cute! <3 his monster costume! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I don't like Halloween either. I used to love trick or treating but I got tired of all the walking and cold weather very fast. I prefer to celebrate Autumn...the colors, the food, the leaves. I hate the creepy gore stuff. Thrill and suspense I don't mind. But I prefer the cheerfulness of Autumn time for sure. Daylight savings and an extra hour of sleep are definitely kudos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! I love his costume. You were very creative w/ the food - I love the spider cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh he is so cute!! I love the costume. You are the most creative and talented person I know...can you please move here so we can make things together and you can teach me your ways!Seth also says to tell Cason he wants to play tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a great homemaker! I loved this pictures of the Halloween feast. We had one too, but I didn't take any pictures. It is a really fun tradition and makes Halloween better for those of us who don't really care for the dress up and trick-or-treat part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creighton is definately the cutest monster I have ever seen!! I absolutely love that costume! And we did a scary meal too..it is such a fun tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my heck! creighton was sooo stinkin cute in his costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your creative Halloween dinner! How fun! and what a cute little monster!

    ReplyDelete