"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Friday, October 15, 2010

I Can CAN

This year I wanted to learn to can! My sister-in-law was nice enough to let me do a few quarts of peaches with her and she showed me the ropes! I figured it was easy enough, so I got busy! I ended up doing 40 quarts of peaches, 21 quarts of apple pie filling, and 10 quarts of applesauce. I was able to do the canning after Creighton was sleeping, and Cason was working, so it went quickly without any distractions. However, I did have an incident of pie filling boiling over (what a stinky, sticky mess to clean up!) and a pretty nasty burn on my thumb to show for all of my hard work. I am definitely done for this year-I'm burned out. But I am excited for next year to try some new things also-maybe salsa, Cason loves it!

5 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment! Good job Katie Jo! Maybe next summer, I'll take a few lessons, because those peaches sure look tastey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I want to learn how to can - maybe you could teach me! Apple pie filling sounds delicious :)

    p.s. I love your matching zits picture!! Only you could make a zit picture look that cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I am proud of you! I need to do that someday when we have somewhere to put the cans...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's on my list of things to learn how to do!

    ReplyDelete