"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mommy and Macey Jo

 This past week I have learned just how much Macey Jo and I need each other.
This summer I will be working a lot more at my office. I will be working at least an extra day a week and sometimes 2 more days a week. I took the opportunity because the idea of paying off a few debts sooner and increasing our savings sounds really nice! And the kids will mostly get to be with their dad or grandma and grandpa and occasionally a neighbor-girl baby-sitter. 
Last week I started working more. I came home for lunch one day to check on the kids, they were with the baby-sitter, and Macey Jo looked miserable. Her eyes were red as could be, she looked so sad, she was so exhausted. As soon as I took her in my arms she fell asleep. The sitter felt terrible explaining that she just couldn't get Macey Jo to go to sleep even though it was apparent she needed a nap. My heart just broke seeing how unhappy Macey was. All day I couldn't stop thinking about my Miss Macey. She just wanted her mommy. That night she was up with a fever and didn't hardly sleep.
The next few days our family was very busy and Macey Jo began to wake up every night about every 1-2 hours. This is not our Macey Jo! She hadn't done this since she was a few days old. She had slept like a champ now for months! For about a week this was her sleeping pattern at night. I wondered, "What was going on?"
But I knew what was going on. I pray almost nightly to be sensitive to my children's needs. I knew Miss Macey missed me. We hadn't been spending as much time together. I have been working more, the family has been busy. Wednesday I was able to leave work at 2:30, I picked up the kids from Grandpa's house and we played all night together. ESPECIALLY me and Macey. Brother went to bed really early, so me and Miss Jo had all night to be together and play. It was so nice. 
And that evening she went to bed at 9:30 and didn't get up until 6:30. Back to herself... 
How nice to be needed by Macey. It makes me feel so special that I play such a huge role in her life. What a great thing it is to be able to play the role of mother.

It's hard to think about working so much this summer and being away from the kids so much. But I am glad that for the most part they can be with their daddy and grandma and grandpa. I am going to work really hard to make the time that I am home count. I still feel reassured that it is okay for me to work extra this summer. I know that many blessings can come as we use this extra money wisely. I hope that at the end of this summer I will have learned to make the time with my family count. And that even though I have spent more hours away, perhaps the ones I have spent at home have been so memorable it won't feel like I was gone anymore. I can see how being a mommy is very important and makes a big impact in the lives of my children.

What does Macey Jo play?

Well, Macey Jo has learned to enjoy playing outdoors. But like her mommy, only under specific conditions. We like to go outside in the evenings when it is cool and sit on the front porch steps. We like to talk about the pretty flowers that are growing and say hi to the neighbors or watch our silly brother chase stray cats.
Now that she is getting so big (5 months!) we have gotten out some big girls toys, like the bouncer and high chair. She really enjoys grabbing at the toys on those and listening to the music on the bouncer.

In fact, we may have a musician on our hands. Macey loves music on any toy and likes to listen to the radio in the car and loves for mommy to sing and/or play the piano. She loves to watch the fish spin and hear the music play on her swing and also watch the flowers spin and hear the music on her mobile in her bed.
She must have avoided the Sanders nausea-gene. Thank heavens. Because there is no way her momma could watch all that spinning and not get sick.
It is so fun to play with diamond ring and princess tiara rattles! 
Macey Jo is such a talker! Her eyes just light up when she starts talking to you! She is also ticklish, but mostly just on her tummy. She rolls, but only when it is her idea. Don't think you can trick her into rolling for a toy. She likes to play pat-a-cake with her feet. She thinks it is fun to pull daddy's hair. 

 She really loves to play with her brother. She loves to watch him. As she watches him go about 100 mph through our house her face is one of wonder and admiration.
 She thinks he is funny.
 And when he is sick she likes to snuggle up next to him.
She can't wait to be big enough to do some real "playing" with the king of play.
Macey Jo is a lot like her brother in that she is actually very good at playing by herself. But when she decides she is ready for your attention hopefully you are in a position that you can give it to her! 

I need my Macey Jo just as much as she needs me. She gives me greater purpose in life and that increases my desire to be better in all aspects of my life.

1 comment:

  1. she is so darling! being a mommy and feeling needed by your kids is the very best :)

    ReplyDelete