Tonight Creighton called his Aunt Sidnie and asked her to come over and play. She is a great aunt and so she did. She has a few men in her singles ward that went to high school with Cason and I. They have each mentioned several times to Sidnie, "How are Cason and Katie Jo? Ever since they got married we don't see them anymore!" Again one said that to her the other day so she passed along the message to us.
Cason said to her, "When you marry your best friend, you don't need other friends."
He is so sweet. I am grateful that I married him, 5 years tomorrow.
So much time is spent preparing for your wedding, even before you are engaged! I always dreamed about what I wanted in a ring, dress, colors, decorations, announcements, etc... And then when the time came to make all the final decisions it was a lot of fun to make my wedding and reception everything I hoped it would be. But now 5 years later what I remember the most from that day, June 24th 2008, is sitting in the celestial room with my husband.
After we arrived at the temple and changed into our temple clothes we were still very early for our scheduled sealing time. So we were allowed to sit in the celestial room. We sat on a little yellow couch and I admired how beautiful and peaceful the room was. I was so nervous, butterflies were going crazy in my stomach! But as I sat there in the celestial room, holding hands with Cason, I began to calm down... I was so happy to just be there with him who I loved so much. In fact, I fell asleep on his shoulder and when the temple worked came to get us Cason had to wake me up.
Being married to Cason is wonderful. Happy 5 years to us!


How sweet! You did get a pretty good guy!
ReplyDelete