Creighton woke us up at 8:30 Christmas morning saying, "Santa came!" He was really excited for his first Christmas. He was so kind to us to let us sleep in. When I was younger we were always up by 6:00 am.

Creighton knows that the real test of a good toy is the taste. And this one passed! He loved all of the bath toys that he asked Santa for. Now I'll NEVER get him out of the bath! He is definitely part fish.


"Whoa, neat! Where does all of this good stuff come from?!"

Christmas Eve afternoon Creighton started opening one of his gifts. But it was the only time he was interested in the wrapping paper. Everyone told me, "He will be so distracted by the boxes and paper he won't even know he has toys." But Creighton knew where the toys were and ignored the boxes/paper on Christmas morning. That made his mommy so happy. There was lots of playing at our house!

This is what was in that big package! A Toy Story bike from Grandpa Wilde!

Creighton is a button-pusher and the only thing I've heard for the last two days is Buzz's voice saying, "Our turbo boosters are running low. This vehicle needs to be run by foot power since we seem to have lost all crystallic fusion."


I think Grandma and Grandpa Chambers are hoping for a grandson who plays basketball.

They might be on to something... He is already slam-dunking!

Grandpa Sanders is preparing Creighton to be his little helper with this workbench. Creighton loves to use the hammer and pound on everything!

Oh yay... Another toy that sings and lights up and is supposed to help us learn! I am so grateful I have very quickly learned to tune out all of Creighton's exciting toys.

He loves to stand up!

Boys can't have too many trucks!

Creighton was flipping through his books trying to find a good story to read to his Grandma Wilde.
Every Christmas morning I can remember we have had cheese puff and grits. It's a southern thing. Cason wanted Cinnamon Rolls. So we had them-with party chip frosting! But I was missing my cheese puff... so I think next year we'll have both! Some traditions are just really hard to break. We had a very fun and memorable Christmas this year. We hope you did too!
No comments:
Post a Comment