Most of my November posts have mentioned the fact that the weather here in Pocatello is pretty nasty. Sunday morning we woke up to lots of snow and wind. My mom text me and told me her church had been cancelled and so had 3 other people's that she knew. I wondered if mine would be cancelled and hoped that it would be as I stared out my front window at the blizzard outside. I imagined toting Creighton around and was beginning to dread it. Cason's dad, who is in our stake, reminded us that morning that our stake had fasted for moisture on November 7th and it would be inappropriate to cancel the meetings that would allow us to express our gratitude for granting us the moisture we had fasted for.

I swallowed my negative attitude and took Creighton to church in the ugly snowy weather. Some Sundays I wonder why I even stick around for sacrament meeting. I hardly ever sit in the chapel, but sit in the foyer or walk the halls. Don't let that cute little face fool you- he can be quite the handful. But I often remember that talk given by Elder Bednar a few conferences ago where he talks about the importance of consistency. Elder Bednar mentioned that with three young boys him and his wife were often very frustrated during Family Home Evening and he wondered if their sons were learning anything at all. But he remarked that the importance was the consistency. And to CONTINUE even when something seems a failure. So every Sunday Creighton and I go to church even though some Sundays it is extremely difficult. As I was inching my way to my car afterwards, snow filling my shoes and blowing in my face and as I tried to keep Creighton bundled I had a positive thought, "At least it is not 150 years ago and I don't have to travel to the Salt Lake Valley in this weather." I did experience a tender mercy of the Lord yesterday, however. Creighton was well-behaved in sacrament meeting and him and I were able to stay in the chapel the whole meeting. It was a blessing.
Oh my gosh - Creighton is so cute! He sounds like a funny little guy.
ReplyDelete