We have been so lucky this weekend! Cason has had a 4-day weekend! How did we get so lucky? Well, he is working 2 double-shifts next week as well as his regular schedule, so he got Thursday and Friday off this week as a, "thanks for working your butt off next week".
Well, when daddy gets time off, we do what daddy wants, and daddy sure knows how to have a good time! He loves to watch movies, go out to eat, go shopping, take naps and get cozy, go to the park, have lots of ice cream, and play play play! So we have taken some time to have fun.
Daddy works real hard and doesn't have a lot of time to rest. So Creighton showed him how he likes to relax. Just roll yourself up in some quilt batting!
Silly boy.
This weekend we rented some movies-Cason loves to watch a good movie! For Creighton and I: Mulan, Mickey Mouse, Pooh Bear, Mary Poppins, and The Muppets. And since it WAS daddy's idea, we did let him get a movie: Mission Impossible. Cason had never seen Mary Poppins, so I made sure I sang along with all the songs for him to get a real good show. Creighton and I giggled as we watched Pooh Bear get stuck in rabbit's hole... he ate too much honey! And I forgot how I really love Mulan. Disney movies are like THE BEST. Tonight I think we'll watch some Mickey Mouse. But then once the Jazz game starts, we'll let daddy watch that.
This Friday and last we have been watching our little nephew, Kyle! Creighton likes to have Kyle around. I think. Except he doesn't like to always be told "Ssshhh... Baby Kyle is sleeping." He likes to read Kyle books and yesterday he taught him what the farm animals say. And he always likes to make sure that Kyle has plenty of blankets. It's not hard work to watch Kyle, he is such a sweet baby!
Daddy likes to go to the park and it has been great park-playing weather! Creighton prefers to go down the slide backwards. More adventurous that way.
We did have to do a little bit of yard work yesterday. Pesky weeds! And grass that is constantly growing! But we made time to have fun while working. Creighton loves water and ran through the sprinkler!! Yes. I let my child run through the sprinkler when it is 68 degrees outside.
He really loves the water.
We have also been working more on our garden. I intended on having a small garden this year. But once I went to the nursery and saw all the possibilities... Well, you know... It is going to be a little bigger then 2-3 vegetables like I had said. A LOT bigger. That is, if everything grows that is supposed to. Today we created a little fence around the garden to keep out the dog. And I'm not positive it will even keep her out of it...
I am 100% sure I now know why my dad never let us have a dog growing up. They are more work than they are worth!
We have a fenced yard and behind our fence is an open, grassy area and today we were digging around in there (it looks like a jungle... grass and weeds like 3 feet tall) and found some treasures! That is where we found the wire fencing to put around our garden, and I also found this...
A little "shabby chic" or "vintage" potter! It is made from an old dryer drum. Now, what to put in it?
Today was a beautiful day to work in the garden! (But not Cason's idea of fun... more like Katie's idea of fun to have his help!) Creighton even busted out his shorts for the first time this year and we bought sunscreen and strawberries at Costco. Strawberry Shortcakes for dessert tonight! (We've been working hard :) we deserve it!) We are excited for the summer!
Creighton and his Grampa Dennis.
So the past few days we have done some things that Cason wanted to do with his time off. But let's be honest... it was mostly things Creighton and I wanted to do with Cason. It is so much more fun to do things together as a family. We will miss daddy next week with him being gone so much. But we are glad we got to do so much together this weekend!!
I can't believe he had never seen Marry Poppins! We used to watch it all the time together:)
ReplyDelete