"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Hop"penings

I just can't resist a chessy blog title. Nor can I resist opportunities, like holidays, to make lots of yummy treats, participate in fun and messy traditions, giving gifts and taking LOADS of pictures!

To begin our Easter weekend we helped my sister, celebrate her 18th birthday. This year her birthday fell on Good Friday. I can't imagine a better day to celebrate an 18th birthday. This is definitely going to be a lucky year for her! Creighton gave his aunt Sidnie a bouquet of flowers this year.
It is hard to imagine my little sister is 18. I remember very well the day she was born.
 My mom's friend, Lori, checked me out of school (1st grade) and took me and my sister, Whitney, to Burger King for lunch, before heading to the hospital, and we talked about how excited we were for Sidnie's arrival! Except for Whitney... she was excited for a baby boy. She was sure it was going to be a baby boy. (It was not)

Usually, when I think about my sisters, I picture myself between the ages of 10-12 and my sister Whitney, 8-10 and Sidnie, as a toddler. Seems like we were that age forever. I suppose I have a lot of memories from that particular time period. Hard to believe she is 18...

Saturday we were again with family, the Chambers', and celebrated the birthday's of Cason's dad and sister, Marie. Creighton participated in his first ever Easter egg hunt!

Then, that night as our own family, we colored Easter eggs and it was a blast! It didn't take long for Creighton to get the hang of it. He loved coloring eggs and wanted to dunk each egg in all of the colors. His favorite color was the pink!
 He had a great time and was so proud of his eggs.
The Easter Bunny visited everyone at our house, including mommy!
And on holidays, we throw nutrition out the window! For breakfast, M&M's and chocolate milk. 
But that's okay because my mom made us a delicious Easter dinner! After of course, we attended church in our best Easter outfits.
 And it is only appropriate that when you are wearing one of your best outfits that you dirty it by jumping on the trampoline!
Hooray for Easter! We love to celebrate holidays with lots of style, but we also love to take the time to reflect on the original purpose of the holidays. This one, celebrating Jesus Christ. We are so blessed to know of Jesus Christ and to understand his great sacrifice for us.

We are loving this beautiful spring weather we have been having the past few days. We have been taking advantage of it and trying to beautify our lawn and garden. The lawn has been mowed, weeds pulled, and a garden begun! 

Last year I wanted to have a garden, but it didn't happen. So this year I was adamant and reminded Cason almost daily. Today I came home from work and he had built this beauty... 
We are going to try a small raised garden. This year we may do only 2-3 kinds of vegetables. We are not sure how green our thumbs are. 

There is always something "hop"pening around here... and that's the way I like it! 

3 comments:

  1. I am so "hop"py with your title. It made me "egg"static! I didn't know you played the organ! I cheat with most songs too an don't do my feet, but nobody really pays attention to that. My favorite picture is the breakfast one. That face definitely is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 18 either! We aren't getting old enough to have the babies of our families considered to be adults to! It looks like you guys had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pans look amazing! Are the screws difficult to clean since they aren't non-stick?
    I love how you spend your holidays and that I get to read about them and be inspired for my own!

    ReplyDelete