"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Monday, October 3, 2011

Little Devil

This weekend the Chambers' women went shopping as our men attended Priesthood session of General Conference together. At ShopKo I made Creighton try on a bunch of headbands so I could giggle. Look at this little guy:
Don't let that cute face deceive you. Those devil "horns" aren't too far from the truth. He can be VERY mischevious! Mommy decorated for Halloween a week ago and he destroyed all of the decorations. He ripped the pages in the Halloween books, broke Halloween figurines, and was eating the "cobwebs." Of course, I'm really the one at fault-I knew better. So now all of the Halloween decorations are packed away.

But most of the time, I have to admit, he really is a little angel. Often I will find him sitting in his chair in his room reading himself books. So sweet. And he gives mommy great big hugs and lots of kisses.
This weekend was General Conference and I was so looking forward to it because afterwards I feel changed for the better. My attitude seems to be more positive, I feel more loving towards my family and others, and I want to improve and be better-and it feels so easy. I was not disappointed with the messages that were delivered.

Often I will listen to Conference in hopes that a particular question will be answered, or that a worry/burden will be made lighter. This year that was not so-I was not searching for anything imparticular. But I watched and was delighted to be taught many wonderful things and have many moments of personal revelation. 

I have started enjoying Conference differently since becoming a mother. The talks about parenting/motherhood/children are always special to me and even sometimes make me teary-eyed. I love being a mommy! I don't ever forget that, but when Creighton is acting "devilish" it's not the first thing on my mind!

I have been loving weekends now that Cason can be home with us. Sunday nights I sometimes dread starting a new week. Mondays can be difficult-thank goodness for a new season of Dancing With The Stars. But Conference was a nice change in our weekend routine. I am planning on having a great Monday! You too?

No comments:

Post a Comment