Creighton and I totally need to get out more. Being cooped up in the house makes us go crazy. Look at this little guy:
He is so bored he is forced to invent new uses for his Lego container.
Ok, so he actually really likes doing THAT. Most anything around our house can be turned into a "hat" for Creighton... But we are looking for "new" things to do. My hairdresser was telling me a few weeks ago how she loves to take her little guy to the library for reading time. I think that sounds like a fabulous idea. In fact, the library is close enough we just might walk there.
Being in my house alot makes me bored with my decor. I want to change it all the time. I think it's also partly genetic, my mom was ALWAYS re-arranging furniture and changing the decor.
I wanted to share the latest creation:
I really like these vintage widow panes so I have picked up two of them. This one I sanded and did black with a bit of distressing, but what I LOVE is the coffee filter wreath! Yeah, it's a wreath made of coffee filters that I dyed with tea bags. Heard about this, thought I would give it a try, and it turned out a million times better than I imagined!
So as I was sitting at my kitchen table, for over an hour creating this wreath, that's when I started thinking, "We need to get out more." So I think tomorrow we're heading to the library to check out the children's story time schedule. Honestly, their aren't too many options here in Pocatello. I've even considered signing him up for the Kids Klub at my gym and letting him play with other little kids while I work out.
The hard time of the day for Creighton and mommy is from about 5-7. Cason is at work, Creighton's been up from a nap for a little while, I have mostly accomplished all that I want to for the day (or what I can while Creighton is not sleeping), and little guy is starting to get bored with his own "stuff".
I am going to put some real effort into changing up our schedule and doing some more fun and different things.
Seriously so cute!!! Jayda and I love the Library...our library has lots of puzzles and little things for Jayda to play with...it's for sure a good break in the day...we will even just take a little walk just to get out of the house!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about getting out, I get stir crazy and Cami starts going up to the door and knocking. I love the wreath and window pane it is super cute!
ReplyDelete