"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back-to-School and Such

Back-to-school. Fantastic. This year I am excited for it. Summertime is full of get-togethers, parties, lots of playing, and tons of being lazy. That's all great for a while-but I am ready to get back into a routine. Not that I'm going back-to-school... Thank goodness that ship has sailed and I am now in a different season of life. But I will have a more regular work schedule and (hopefully) so will Cason. He has been working some less than ideal shifts at work and is trying online classes this semester through ISU. Back-to-school is also exciting because Autumn is coming quickly. I have decided it is my favorite time of the year. I love the cool weather, the fall colors, and all the decorating! In fact I usually am all decorated for fall by mid-September. I have discovered a new scentsy-Pumpkin Marshmallow. It has already been burning for weeks. 

I found this fun back-to-school treat at one of my favorite websites. Some people are too clever for their own good. I wish I had thought of this on my own. I did make these to take to some of  my favorite back-to-schoolers. They were fun to make! They are pretzels dipped in colored chocolate with a paper wrapper.
 Having a dog has been "interesting"... She is NOT potty-trained yet. In fact she seems to be getting worse. She is terribly confused about where to go. Her and Creighton are true best friends. One minute they are fighting and the next they are loving on each other. Callie likes to take a bath with Creighton! Not every night-just twice so far.
 Creighton has taken an interest in music! He has discovered different kitchen utensils make different noises and he has started entertaining us with his muscial abilities. He is also loving books more and more and likes to be read to. If he gets bored, he will let you know and turn to a page he likes better.

Creighton's definition of "NO" is: do it much faster, then take the object/thing to mom and dad and smile really big. He is then very willing to "put it away" where he found it. Then retrieve something else he's not supposed to have. Oh the joys of an 18 month old.

Creighton has FINALLY begun to say MOMMA.

Creighton goes to Grandpa Dennis' house twice a week while mommy works and plays HARD. He loves Grandpa Dennis. They eat snacks, put bowls on their heads as hats, play with legos, go to the park, and LAUGH. They have a wonderful time together and most of the time Creighton is sad to leave.
 Today Creighton went to Nursery for the FIRST time! He got a new suit for the occasion and looked VERY handsome. For the most part he really enjoyed it. I was more sad to leave him than I thought that I would be. But it was nice for me to go to Primary, and Cason to Elder's Quorom, and not have to worry about chasing him down and keeping him quiet. 18 months is a hard age for church. And church is during nap time. What a big boy! I am glad he will get some interaction with kids his own age-a lot of the time it is just him and mommy.
Summer was fun. But the heat wave Pocatello has been experiencing has not been. Cason went a week ago and bought himself a "fancy" fan so he would be cooler. Really? A week before September? But it HAS been crazy hot the last 2 weeks.

No matter what the season-we always have a great time being together!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big he's getting! Nursery already?! Wow, time sure flies :) I must say I agree with you - glad that ship has sailed for going back to school! Can't say that I miss it :)

    ReplyDelete