"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Meet Our Puppy

Cason had a dog named, Red. He talks about Red a lot. You'd think he had Red for 15 years. No-just a few. Cason has such fond memories of his dog, Red, and has been wanting to get a dog for Creighton.

Yesterday when I came home from work, Cason said that him and Creighton had gone to the pet store and saw a cute dog they wanted to show me. So we went to the pet store... At first I didn't really like what I saw. But when they brought her out for us to hold, Creighton snuggled her and she kissed him. I just melted and said, "We'll take her!" I am surprised I was so willing to bring her home. She meets very little of the criteria I was hoping for.
Her name is Callie. Why? Just because I liked it-and that's a GREAT reason! She is a lab/huskey mix. So yes-she will get to be a nice size. She is 2 months old- yesterday was her birthday!

Creighton likes when she is in her kennel because he sits in front of it and barks at her. (Or yips... remember?) He also likes to stick his finger through the holes and tease her. Uh-oh...

When she is out they have a good time too. She likes to go in Creighton's room and snuggle in his blankets and his oversized dog, Grits. Creighton likes to show Callie ALL of his toys AND how they work. Last night every single toy in Creighton's room was going.

Creighton doesn't mind when she jumps on him and licks him, but NOT when he is sitting. He shed quite a few tears this morning in the back yard. Callie really likes being outside. I am glad. She will probably be there a lot.
(Creighton trying to put her collar on.)

Yes, I realize that having a 2 month old dog is just like having another baby. (Almost.) This morning I woke up at 4:00 am to a whiney dog and a crying baby. Ugh... I have said "potty" SO SO SO many times today. It is for sure the most frequent word in my vocabulary. I will ensure she is potty-trained soon. Then I will add dog trainer to my mommy resume. I cleaned up 4 accidents in a 12 hour period. Maybe it will help Creighton learn more about going "potty"?

Well, this morning was a little frustrating, but I have now almost forgotten about it. We love having Callie around. I especially love watching Creighton and her together. She loves to follow Creighton around and lay in his room and watch him play. And today when he woke up from his nap he yelled "dog, dog, dog" and ran to her kennel.

I am sure you will be seeing and hearing about Creighton's new BFF frequently. We are glad to have this new addition to our family!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like an adventure! She sure is a cute dog! Have fun with the training!

    ReplyDelete