Last night Creighton was sick. Throw-up sick. Yuck. I have many memories of being throw-up sick as a child. (This post is not for those with a weak stomach) I could never quite make it to the toilet on time, mom changed my sheets, got me comfortable, then the next day only Saltines and Sprite, and the smell seemed to linger forever... Having a sick tummy is one of the worst things.
Poor Creighton. After his bath and a fresh set of pajamas he seemed to feel great and we laid him back down to sleep. But he woke up every hour from 12:00 am - 4:00 am just screaming. It was difficult to console him. His face looked so pained. I'm sure he didn't even know what he wanted, or what would make him comfortable. I was reminded of 16 months ago...
Creighton started sleeping through the night at 2 months, so I really didn't spend too many sleepless nights up with him. But those were some frustrating times. Most of the time though he wasn't upset-he just wanted to play, not sleep. My mother-in-law once told me that being awake in the middle of the night with her children is some of her most treasured memories. Not sure if I feel the same way... (I'm a girl that LOVES sleep) but it sure is nice when they fall asleep and you hold them peacefully for a few minutes. And then lay them in the crib and then tip-toe out like any noise will cause the end of the world...
(Creighton at 2 months old. Sleeping.)
Consequently, Creighton and I missed church this morning. I am grateful that today is the Sabbath, a day of rest. Today that sounds especially meaningful and welcome. We are lucky that Cason can spend this afternoon home with us instead of at work. (He is going to grill us up some chicken and mango skewers!)Hopefully today will rejuvenate us and tomorrow we can start the week off right. Creighton and I just hate for our schedule to be messed up!
No comments:
Post a Comment