Why are there so many blueberry haters out there? It must be one of the most discriminated against fruits. Why? They are delicious and VERY good for you!
Katie Jo LOVES blueberries! I have since I was a little girl. In fact one of my mom's most terrible memories has to do with me burning most of the front part of my body with very hot blueberries. I was just a baby.
When I lived in Arkansas I used to pick blueberries at the beginning of the summer and my family would freeze them and use them all year round. My favorite ways: in muffins and on waffles! Once I visited my dad early enough in the summer that it was still blueberry season and I picked a cooler full of blueberries. I took them on the plane with me and at security they were rifling through my berries sure I was hiding something in there. Because WHO eats THAT many blueberries?
This last week I found a good price for blueberries and bought a few 2 lb. clamshells. At girls camp I made a delicious apple crisp in the dutch oven and started having dreams of doing a blueberry one... So I canned some blueberry pie filling! My own recipe from years of experience as a blueberry lover. Cason's not a blueberry fan. That's unfortunate for him. This blueberry crisp is going to be fantastic!
If you are willing to put aside your previous dislike for blueberries you may come over and have some too!
Wow! Good for you! That is awesome...and the blueberry crisp sounds delicious. Poor Cason. :)
ReplyDeleteHope Creighton gets feeling better soon!!