Today a girl in my Primary class, Shelby, bore her testimony in sacrament meeting about the lesson I had given. She told the congregation the entire Parable of the Ten Virgins. Then she even told them about the "hidden message." She taught them to be wise and follow Jesus Christ. I started to cry. I was so touched that she had actually been LISTENING to what I was teaching. Sometimes I wonder about them... It made me realize that my calling as a Primary teacher IS very important. It just made me love my calling even more. Those children are so special!
Her testimony was also a special blessing on this day. I have been feeling overwhelmed by my calling as Young Women Camp Director. Camp is this coming week and this last weekend I have been feeling like I am completely unprepared. Cason laughs-my numerous daily phone calls to ward/stake members, my lists strewn all over the house, and my bags and bags and bags of girls camp gifts/treats... He says, "Unprepared?" Camp was always a really great time for me and I want it to be for these girls as well. Feelings of inadequacy have been taking over as I think of all the things I haven't done, or can't do well enough. (I don't camp... Apparently you don't have to though to be called as the camp director.)
Shelby's testimony today made me realize that even though we might feel as though we are not successful in our calling- if we try our best and ask for the Lord's help, all will be well. In every calling I have had so far I always hope to bless this lives of those I serve, but I know that my life has been blessed much more than theirs. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had.
Girls Camp is is coming on Wednesday... I know that it will be awesome. The girls will have a fun time with lots of spiritual experiences. Serving in the Lord's church is always worth it.
Lady, you are the cutest and craftiest person I know! For sure all those girls are going to love you!
ReplyDelete