During the summer I say to my patients, "So-do you have any fun plans for the summer?" They usually reply with, "No, not really. I am pretty boring." Pretty boring is ok by me! That's how I would describe ourselves at the Chambers house. No big vacations or events planned for us. But we still have fun being together!
A favorite thing to do: swimming in the backyard. Or, at least, filling the pool and standing outside of it and playing with the toys that are in the water. Learning new things like: dirt doesn't taste good and how to peel and eat a banana. Taking advantage of LOTS of free time: naps and watching cartoons and sometimes not showering because we're not leaving the house today! Going to: pet shops and watching the puppies and then out to lunch before daddy heads off to work. We may not be on vacation, but the "everyday things" are building memories for our family and they are fun to us!
I agree that it is the everyday life moments that matter most...they eventually make up all of your life memories! :)
ReplyDelete