"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Caught Black-Handed

Today on my lunch break Cason and I were online changing his fall semester schedule. Creighton came in and started loving on Cason-hugging him and burying his face in his shirt. How precious. Until Cason saw that Creighton's face, arms, and hands were covered in black ink. Creighton found an ink pad!

While Cason ran to laundry room to try and remove the stains from his shirt, I rushed Creighton to the bathroom, stripped him of his clothes, and scrubbed his body. Ugh-how frustrating. Then Cason started to inspect the damage... But he only found a wad of diaper wipes covered in black ink. We started laughing hysterically as we imagined a panicked Creighton trying to remove the evidence of his doings. Then Creighton started laughing too. We all laughed in the bathroom for a few minutes and I realized the ink "fiasco" wasn't a big deal.

After dressing Creighton we went to the living room to read books and discovered.... the ink pad had been smeared all over my couch!! Grrr... But some Woolite carpet cleaner and a strong arm removed the evidence. Those micro-fiber couches ARE more stain resistant! Phew!

When I returned to work and told everyone about my lunch time activities I heard stories about lipstick smears on couches (yikes!) and sons who shave off their eyebrows (yikes! yikes!). Moms must have the best stories. But only when they have fully recovered and are finally able to laugh about it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! Little stinker! I'm glad that it came out. I will never forget one day coming up the stairs to see that Hunter got into the girls' lip gloss and put it ALL OVER my carpet. I was literally crying. Crying and crying. Luckily for Don Aslett's (and also so lucky they are close by) because it came out with a a TON of hard work. So I'm glad that yours wasn't too bad.

    Creighton, be good to your parents!

    ReplyDelete