Creighton has discovered the joy in taking everything off of a shelf, scattering dishes from a cupboard on to the kitchen floor, and emptying the contents of a drawer.

Notice the happiness that this brings him? I just can't compete. On first finding the mess he gives me a huge smile as though to say, "Do you like how I've re-arranged?" Then quickly it turns to, "Are you going to pull me away?"

When the house becomes quiet and I am sure he has found something to destory, I don't go frantically searching for him. Instead I enjoy 5 minutes of peace before discovering the mess. I find myself not really caring there is a mess being made.

And because I only want to clean the mess up once that day, it usually stays the way I found it until he goes to bed. It's much more practical than cleaning the same mess over, and over, and over again...

Hmmm...what's in this drawer? Ugh... nothing good...

I'll try this one... Still nothing...

Ah-ha! Jackpot! This is where ALL the good stuff is!

I like to take these pictures so when Cason comes home from work I can show him what fun Creighton had.

Most times I think he does these things to try to get a reaction out of me. But maybe I am judging him unfairly. In the instance of the scattered diapers he was probably just looking for the Desitin and screaming on the inside, "Mom! A little help please? I am extremely uncomfortable."
Oh my, he sure does have fun during the day doesn't he? I wish I could tell you that it got better but nope, it doesn't. In fact, I think it gets worse because they get faster AND taller so they can get more stuff.
ReplyDeleteThose are some priceless pictures though, especially when he is getting in the drawers to the kitchen. Love it!
BTW, you did an AWESOME job on your talk a few weeks back in sacrament meeting. You have a knack for it, you really do (even if we all hate public speaking).
Oh, and I miss Creighton in primary. Now it is just hum drum boring!
Just wait until he figures out how to climb! Bring him over and cousin Brooklyn will be sure to show him how! Jon says, "creighton , he is funny"!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!! Jackson isn't quite to that stage yet...but we're close! He loves to play with the cupboards but not take things out yet. Creighton is SO cute!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Katie Jo! You sure do have a beautiful son! I am glad he keeps you on your toes
ReplyDelete