"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Houseguest

This weekend we were so lucky that Uncle Sam was able to come and visit.
We were able to have a lot of good fun with our Uncle Sam. He read "Curious George and the Costume Party" to Creighton as much as Creighton asked him too. He also had a sleepover with Creighton in his bedroom and they stayed up late watching a movie. Because that is what the big boys do! Sam had fun seeing his dog Kannolli again and the boys took the dogs to a park where they could all play and watch the dogs learn to swim in a little pond.
Though Uncle Sam didn't change any diapers he did feed Macey Jo several times. And it wouldn't be a true visit with her without getting spit on. And she got him good. Uncle Sam likes to call his niece "Macey-girl".
And I think Sam was trying to butter me up for a future invitation to come back... He insists I am the greatest cook in the world and I should have my own TV show! He is too kind.
We also did some other fun things with Uncle Sam while he was here: go to the movies (Turbo- it was really cute), get haircuts (all of them went short!), and then off to the zoo.


Creighton likes the zoo okay. But rather than living things, he most enjoyed the inanimate objects that he could ride. And when asked what his favorite animal is at the zoo he replies, "I drank water out of the lion's mouth!"
Yes he did.
But there was one animal that interested him more than the others...
He thought that this black bear was his and Uncle Sam's dog, Kannolli.
I suppose I can see why the confusion.
(Creighton at 2 months)

After the zoo we headed to Rexburg to drop off Uncle Sam at his friend's house. It was a good reason to see a cousin, Tyler!
 They are only 3 1/2 months apart, but at this age it makes a huge difference. Macey Jo looks SO much older! She was so thrilled to be with another baby. She was all smiles and squeals and did a lot of bouncing. She loves licking his bald head. I don't think that he disliked it... he just hadn't ever gotten so much attention like that she gave him. She wanted to grab hold of his ears, arms, clothes and never let go!
We love our family!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow that picture of Macey Jo licking her cousins head is priceless! Haha, I love it!

    ReplyDelete