"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Changes in the Workplace

Cason and I have both had some big changes at work recently. 
Cason has left the prison after 5 years of working there! It was just time for a change. He has been searching for a while but to be honest the set-up at the prison really worked for our family and he couldn't justify leaving unless it would be the best change for our family. So he stuck it out through some difficult times.
Now he works at the Utility Billing Department for the City. He says that he loves it. I am so glad. And right now I am loving it too. He works 8-5 and it is awesome having him home in the evenings. However, we have had to learn to communicate better... Apparently he likes being home in the evenings so he can relax and play with the kids. I was excited for him to be home in the evenings to get more help around the house and such. We are working on working together AND playing together and adjusting to our new schedule. 
He is still going to school and plans to graduate next spring. As for his internship with the City of Pocatello, they still want him to intern, but finding the time might be difficult.

I have not changed places of work, but WHO I work for changed. The dentist I have worked for for almost 4 years decided to sell his practice and move to Texas. It was quite a shock, he has only been practicing for 11 years and the office he built was very expensive, I imagined he would stay at the practice forever. Him and his wife are also both from Pocatello. But they were excited for their new adventure in Texas, and I was excited for them. 
The office wasn't my ideal workplace. There were lots of good things about it but also some things I wished would change. I thought about leaving so many times and applied for other jobs. I always included prayer in my decision and the answer was always that I should stay. I wondered why when sometimes I was so unhappy there. But I now know the reason for the answer to my prayers.
I have only worked for the new doctor for a few weeks but he is really wonderful. The office is already more of the ideal workplace for me. I am so happy with the change at our office.

Work is a necessity to provide for our family and it can be difficult to have a hard day at work or to dread going or to worry if it is the right job for you. Cason and I are both happy with the changes that have occurred over the past month and pray that work will just continue to be a blessing for our family.

(another post below)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both on the work place changes! That is awesome for you both. I'm sure it is SO nice to have Cason working days (I totally know this) and I'm happy that your work has been better. All in all...good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad work is better! It is amazing the difference a dentist's philosophy makes! What office are you working at? Are you still there 2 days a week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear about your new boss! That makes me so happy for you. You should email me and let me know if you are planning on going to the DH festivities in October. It would be so great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing the plan that Heavenly Father has for each of us. Way to stick it out and I hope things continue to go well with the new boss.

    ReplyDelete