This young man has gotten more compliments on his new hair cut than I could count. And he does look dashing.
He is one who just loves to PLAY! He is always saying, "Mom, play with me! Play with my toys!" Or he will say, "Mom, can I go and play with my grandpa?" Lucky for me the weather has been nice and I can send him in the backyard with Callie and those two can play for a long time together. He chases the dog around with a stick or he collects rocks into a pile or he picks dandelions for me or he slides down the swing-set slide. He can always find fun in the backyard. For that I am grateful.
He has a wonderful imagination. The other day him and his daddy were playing pirates and he was Jake his daddy was Cubby and Macey Jo was Izzy. All day he kept asking Izzy (Macey Jo) for pixie dust so he could fly around the house. He stayed in character very well. (Do you watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates?)
He says the funniest things and can always make me giggle. I wish I could see the world how the little ones do. So honest sometimes. And he has the best questions!
When we come home at night from somewhere and the house is dark he says, "Hello? Is anyone here? Hello? Where are you?" I am glad no one ever responds.
He still loves to be helpful and especially in the kitchen. The food is always well-seasoned as he loves to add plenty of salt and pepper. I have to watch him close! He also frequently is making the family food from his Black and Decker workbench. We usually have water and cheese sandwiches which he cuts in half with a saw and chicken soup.
He seems so tall for his age but his stats at the doctor's office say he is just average. Apparently the kids his age around here are just all very below average.
One thing he absolutely hates is having his hair washed. I think he could shatter a window with his screams. It is just plain ridiculous.
He can be a picky eater, but I think for 3 years old he does fairly well. His favorite food. "Beans and rice." That means that he wants to go to Costa Vida.
He has been a little bit emotional lately, but lets blame that on his mother. He must have gotten those genes from her. And don't we all just need to break down and cry sometimes?
He has good friends in his grandma's and grandpa's. Grandma Chambers came down last week from Rexburg to take Creighton on a date to the park and to Arctic Circle. That sure made him feel special.
He sure does talk a lot about robots lately. (The robots are always stealing his toys.) He likes to talk about things that are scary. He makes me tip-toe in the hallway so that the witch doesn't hear us. And when the dog howls he tells me she is a werewolf and then the whole family has to start howling like wolves.
Since we got rid of our cable Creighton has discovered PBS cartoons and decided they are OK. He loves to watch them in the mornings. His favorites are Curious George and Super Why.
He has been an awesome big brother and when he went to sister's doctor appointment a few days ago he held her hand while she got her shots. So sweet.
There aren't a lot of BIG Creighton updates, but every day I see the ways in which he is growing up. And now that I have a younger one the changes are even more apparent. He can be a HANDFUL sometimes but oh so much fun as well!
I love you Creighton Eli!!
No comments:
Post a Comment