Creighton loves to talk on the phone! He loves to pick up "his" phone, or my cell phone and say, "Hello?" He puts a lot of emphasis on the "o" and he sounds British. So cute. For some reason though the person on the other line always wants to talk to Creighton's mommy.
A few days ago I substituted in nursery and found out that Creighton is not the only one who likes to talk on the phone. There were enough phones in the nursery that all of the kids had one. "Hello? Hello?" Being in nursery and watching Creighton with the other kids was fun. I was glad to see that he got along well with everyone for the most part. He is also super helpful. During lesson time they sit on "magic carpets" and Creighton wanted to hand all the kids their carpet. More like chuck it at them, but whatever. He also likes to set up and put away the chairs. He doesn't like to put away toys though, but I already knew that. During the lesson, about prophets, the kids' teacher went around asking all of them if they could say, Joseph Smith. Most of the kids tried to say it. When she got to Creighton she said, "Creighton, can you say Joseph Smith?" He lowered his head and rapidly shook his head, "no." I had a good laugh over that one.
No, he doesn't say many "real" words. But he sure does talk ALL day long! Yesterday he did say "cake". He also says, "Bickey". Not sure if he is saying Mickey or Vickie-his grandma's name. He has started saying "no" a lot. But never just once, he always has to say it three or four times in a row. Hmmm... I wonder where he may have heard that before? The last couple of weeks Creighton has been trying very hard to repeat words that he hears. Not too long I am sure before it is sentences!
A few weeks ago a patient of mine and I were talking about our little boys. Hers is a few months older than Creighton and she said she is so worried that hers is hardly saying anything at all. I told her Creighton is the same way and she was a little relieved. Sometimes it is hard to think that your child is behind on what other children are doing. But when I think about all of the things that he CAN do- he is truly amazing and doing all that he is supposed to be at 22 months!
Creighton got this BYU-Idaho hat from his Papa Chambers for Christmas. I didn't think that he would keep it on, but he loves to wear it and when it starts to fall off he adjusts it to be nice and secure! I think it is because he notices his daddy wears a hat a lot. One day I came home from work and said, "Why is Creighton wearing that hat?" And Cason said, "His hair was messy. I didn't want to wet it down." What a boy-response.
He also loves this rocking horse at his Grandpa Dennis' house. Creighton loves to go over there. He has such a good time. Grandpa Dennis has been watching Creighton while I work Tuesdays and Wednesdays. But we recently got a new baby-sitter for Creighton on Tuesdays. She comes over and watches Creighton at our house for 8 hours. Creighton usually warms up to people really fast but I was still a little worried. I don't know why. Of course he loved her and didn't even notice when his dad tried to tell him good-bye. He was too concerned about showing his new friend, Tristan, all of his toys. And then when I got home from work Creighton didn't want her to leave. I am so pleased that this new arrangment will work out. Creighton still gets to go to Grandpa's on Wednesdays and that makes him so happy!
I am happy to report that Creighton has gained 4 pounds in the last month! He has finally decided that food is pretty good. A recent favorite: black beans. He is his father's child. He is doing so well using utensils. Just the other night he was sitting in his high chair eating a pudding cup with a spoon, only making a little mess :) and I started getting a little weepy. I just can't believe that he is big enough to be feeding himself like that! He is truly growing up.
So cute!! What did you do to get Creighton to eat? Jackson won't eat anything!!
ReplyDeleteHe really is growing up! And I still haven't met him in person! We need to have a little hygiene reunion sometime.
ReplyDeleteOh man, he is a cutie pie for sure! I love the picture of him on the phone. Too cute! I can't believe he is growing up so fast and will be soon be 2! No way...time needs to slow down.
ReplyDeleteHe is cute! And growing so quickly!!
ReplyDelete