Remember my previous post about making "certain" Christmas treats? Well, thankfully my mom lives in town so she made sure that all of the "correct" Christmas goodies were made. Creighton and I headed to her house many times to make candy and cookies and a new treat: cake balls! Creighton loves going to Grandma and Grandpa Wilde's house.
Because this is what he does... He eats potato chips, watches TV/movies, empties all the kitchen cupboards, brings all of his toys into the living room, turns on every single Christmas toy, eats more potato chips plus cookies, and gets tons and tons of attention.
He has even decided that Great-Grandma is pretty okay and they read holiday stories.
Here is one of Creighton's favorite Christmas toys. This snowman sings, "Shake Your Groove Thing." Creighton loves to hold him and dance. Creighton's Grandpa likes to collect toys that sing. After watching Creighton move from toy to toy pushing each button to hear the music, I have boycotted them from my house. 8 singing toys at once is too much. Thank goodness for grandparents.
Despite what the weatherman said, we did have a white Christmas. It snowed a few days beforehand and has continued to stick to the ground. Creighton thought the snow was okay, but his parents need to get him some snowboots and gloves. We have just been waiting for the snow!
Christmas morning finally arrived and Cason and I were looking forward to watching Creighton's excitement as he opened his presents.
This year he had no trouble at all taking off that wrapping paper!
Santa didn't wrap his present however and Creighton was grateful. He knew just what to do and started right away at drilling and sawing. He loved this one so much it was difficult to pull his attention towards something else.
"Thanks for the gift, Big Daddy. I love it!!"
Creighton is also already quite the master at puzzles.
So many toys... so many toys... We did retire some of the "baby" toys to make room for the "big boy" toys. I had some flash backs to the Toy Story movies though and felt guilty for shelving the older toys.
Cason and I got some nice things too. For Christmas the dentist I work for gave me a Visa Gift Card and I bought these cute "CHAMBERS" blocks on Etsy. (www.etsy.com/shop/4colorfulseasons) Love Etsy. And just so you know, the Pedi-Egg does work wonders. Also, Cason will be using his new grilling tools to create yummy wonders on the grill, while wearing his new white shirt and tie. So come on over!
We were grateful that so many family members came to see us on Christmas. Grandma and Papa Chambers had Christmas dinner with us. Cason requested Biscuits 'n Gravy. I know that's probably what you had for Christmas dinner too.
We had a fabulous Christmas this year and are looking forward to fun in 2012!





What a fun Christmas!!! I love to see the excitment in their eyes!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast!! I love the Chambers Blocks!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is at such a fun age for the holidays - looks like a fun time! And the reason behind my blog posts: I am really behind and I've been trying to get caught up, so I just barely wrote them, but because of my personality (remember my hygiene binder from school?!) I change the date so they post on the day I would have preferred them to be posted. And if you click on the word "photographer" in that post it will take you to Chantri Keele's website - I would recommend her - you get the CD of pics and she does a great job.
ReplyDelete