"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Friday, November 25, 2011

A Little Turkey and the Christmas Tree

We have been having a fabulous week. Cason has a week of vacation from work and I had the whole week off as well so we have enjoyed being together and doing whatever we want!

One thing we did do was put up the Christmas tree! It is the earliest I have ever put up a Christmas tree, but we had the time and I was a bit anxious to re-arrange the living room. I was also looking forward to having a good excuse to burn my "Cozy Fireside" scentsy. We bought a fake tree this year. I have been adamant every year that we have a real one, but last year it was a pain and not worth all the work. I love our fake tree! Here is Crieghton and our tree...
This little turkey has been in an "anti-photo" phase the past few weeks. At least I hope it's a phase. Perhaps I created some hard feelings after attempting all those Halloween pictures?

Speaking of turkey- our Thanksgiving with Cason's family was wonderful. We went up to Rexburg a day early and went to the park, out for dinner and ice cream, and then played a rousing game of Scattegories. Cason's brother(s) bend the rules to an EXTREME- so I took it upon myself to be the mediator/judge/final say in all matters of question. Then the next day the boys all played basketball and the girls did hair and watched the parade. When I was little I always watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and ate stuffed celery. Cason watched it for the first time this year!

Cason's dad invited one of his students to have dinner with us and after finding out he has been starting to date a girl seriously we all took the opportunity to give him advice and then somehow we all ended up sharing our dating/engagement stories and laughed and laughed until our sides hurt. And then of course what is Thanksgiving without a good movie and a nap?

Did you go Black Friday shopping? My husband did. I was sleeping. He has been wanting a flat screen TV for a while. And when we decides he wants something he can't get it out of his head. So we found a really great deal on a 32" flat screen TV at Walmart and Cason headed out at 10:30 pm and returned home at 3:00 am with a really big box. It is now sitting on top of our dresser and as I write this, him and Creighton are laying in bed watching Indiana Jones. 

Poor Creighton, he has had the throw-ups. As I scrubbed the carpet I couldn't help but smirk as I thought about the many times my mom cleaned up after me. 

Hooray for the holidays! I love them. Next on my checklist: get my Christmas cards ordered and mailed out. I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. A lot of gifts we are giving are already bought and I couldn't be more pleased with myself. I love to feel like I am ahead of schedule! (Please don't comment and tell me that ALL of your Christmas shopping is complete.) This year Christmas will be so fun with Creighton!

No comments:

Post a Comment