So I got out of the shower yesterday to find that Macey Jo had destroyed half a roll of toilet paper in the hallway.
With Creighton at 16 months I would have taken a picture and wrote a cute little post. Not with Macey Jo. Having a second child you quickly get over the cuteness of playing with (or destroying) toilet paper rolls, squeezing out entire tubes of Aspercream (all in one room luckily), and splashing (or practically bathing) in the dog's water. Realizing YOU have to clean it up is exhausting. Sometimes I want to cry. And somethimes I leave it for my sweet husband.
I don't take as many pictures of every day life as much any more.
In fact the camera has been sitting in my car for 3 weeks and has not moved.
I vow to do better.
Although around here taking pictures of snotty noses wouldn't be too cute either. We can't seem to get over our sicknesses, whether they be in our head, nose, tummy, or another end...
I have started to create a blog book to capture all of my tiny treasures. I finally got caught up on scrapbooking about 2 months ago and realized that while I have pictures and captions, so much of the detail is in the blog. I can't let it remain in cyberspace! Catching up on the scrapbooking and going through the blog to make the book was quite the trip down memory lane with lots of, "Oh, I loved that picture!" and "I forgot about that!" How I love memory making, and memory keeping almost just as much.
Then there are the tiny treasures I hope I remember to write down... like today at Herbeger's when Creighton was crawling all over me as I searched the bottom clearance racks yelling, "Mommy- I love you! Did you hear me? I love you!" And last night at Great Clips when Macey Jo and I returned from shopping at TJ Maxx, Creighton screamed, "Oh Macey Jo! I missed you so much sister!"
He has been so loveable lately. Probably to make up for the past 2 weeks when I could have sold him for $10.00.
Summer has almost hit Idaho and we are ready for some fun activities and plenty of picture taking to document it all! So I will take the camera out of the car and get ready!
I have felt the exact same way lately! I think with the stress of work and school and babies too, it just seems like another task to pull out the camera! I'll do better too! Then maybe I will actually blog... :)
ReplyDelete