After 6 months, Creighton's beloved Skycopter from Big Daddy finally gave out. Creighton is lucky it lasted that long. He is very hard on toys. And this toy he played with almost every day. He is so sad and doesn't understand why it doesn't work anymore. So Thursday night Creighton called Big Daddy to ask for another one for Christmas. Big Daddy also told Creighton to watch the mailbox Friday because there might be a present waiting for him... How exciting!
A few hours later at bedtime Creighton said, "What Sunday (day) is it tomorrow?" I replied, "It is Friday." He looked thoughtful and finally said, "Is it grandma and grandpa's day?" I said, "No. It is Friday so you get to stay home with me and play all day. Doesn't that sound like fun? What should we do?" Creighton didn't hesitate and said, "Get ready for grandma and grandpa's day!!" I tried to not let my feelings be hurt at his lack of excitement towards being with mommy.
Friday morning after grocery shopping we DID find a present in the mail for Creighton and Macey Jo from Big Daddy!
What was it?
We were not at all expecting this fun gift!!
Arkansas Razorback Jello Jigglers! Who ever heard of such a thing? Awesome!!
Of course Creighton kept screaming, "I want to open it! I want to open it!" But we had to wait until the groceries were put away.
Of course, if you want your Razorback Jigglers to turn out well you must put on your University of Arkansas attire.
Creighton was happy to help but the concept of waiting for them to firm up is hard when you are 3. So he had to watch a movie to keep himself occupied. Mostly for my sake so I didn't have to keep listening to, "Are they ready?"
When it came time to eat the Jello it was a bit confusing for Creighton. He is not experienced in Jello and wasn't sure how to eat it or what it would taste like. But he ended up deciding he liked them very much. They are like fruit snacks!
Yes the package was addressed to sister as well, but most of the time she was sleeping.
Thanks Big Daddy for giving us something exciting to do on Friday. Because being with mommy just wasn't fun enough!!
No comments:
Post a Comment