I would have to say that having two children is much better than having one! As I said in a previous post, the heart has an amazing capacity for love and it is a wonderful thing!! However, two children is NOT better than one in the case of picture-taking...
To take a picture of both of my children together it is best if Creighton is laying in bed watching cartoons and if Miss Jo has just woken from a long nap, been fed, and a fresh diaper placed on her bum.
I have been wanting some professional photos taken of the kiddos. My couch is not the cutest backdrop. I contacted my photographer and since the weather was GORGEOUS today we decided to head out to take some spring photos outdoors.
I have had some great experiences taking pictures of Creighton and some not so great experiences. Today was a not so great experience with him and the little lady was not having it either. Ugh... to say the least it was miserable. And my poor photographer is 36 weeks pregnant as well. After 2 hours we gave up. I just keep thinking, "There has to be AT LEAST 1 good one!!"
It could have possibly been my fault. I was probably sending out negative vibes. I had worries about the pictures from the beginning. Easter Sunday there were many attempts made to get the kids together for a Easter Sunday photo in their Easter-best! This is all we were able to achieve:
Oh well. I guess that is what we can start to expect for family pictures from here on out.
Taking pictures of the kids really is fun though. I love to take pictures of whatever we have going on so that we can remember! I know that many years from now, I will even enjoy looking at "poor" pictures because they will bring back memories.
This Easter...
We colored lots of eggs. But even more fun, we put stickers on them!
The Easter Bunny visited our family as well.
It sure was exciting!
It sure was exciting!
Easter was Papa's birthday, so the next day a whole lot of family got together to celebrate!
Sometimes I bribe my children to smile big with King Size candy bars!
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out anything to make these two cooperate today for our professional photos. Just another thing that I am going to have to learn to understand and be okay with!
Overall, two is better than one.
Oh Katie, your two kiddos are so cute and Macy Jo is just getting so big and her smiles are so precious! So sorry about pictures. Been there, done that and hopefully you got some at least a few good pictures. Looks like it was an awesome Easter for your family!
ReplyDelete