We had a really wonderful Christmas this year!
It is getting so fun to celebrate holidays with Creighton. And this year we have a lot to be grateful for and to celebrate.
Christmas Eve, we spent the afternoon with the Chambers family having the traditional spilt pea soup and french dip sandwiches and a "talent show". I actually really enjoyed the split pea soup this year and finished Cason's bowl for him! All of the Chambers cousins love to get together and complain about how much they despise split pea soup and hardly anyone eats it. In fact, some even refuse to take a bowl of it. They probably only continue the tradition so the cousins have something to talk about!
Creighton liked sitting at the kid's table. He mostly liked to observe the other kids. He decided he liked Ava, the oldest one, and tried to hold her hand and snuggle with her. HE probably would have eaten his soup, he loves to eat soup! But since the other kids told him it was gross he just had chips and crackers.
Santa scheduled in some time on this busy day to even make it to our party! Yay!!
This year we didn't talk to Creighton at all about Santa. In years past we have taken him to visit Santa at the mall, but last year he really didn't like that so we didn't do that this year. I don't have any Santa decorations and none of our Christmas books had Santa in them. So this year we didn't bring up the topic of Santa- he doesn't quite yet understand anyway... but he was happy to take a gift from the jolly white-bearded man!
Santa knows Creighton has been a good boy this year, he got a "Jake" telescope! Creighton loves "Jake and the Neverland Pirates". It seemed to be the theme for our Christmas morning!
Creighton also received a fun plasma light from Grandma and Papa Chambers.
He has quite the obsession with all lights and has had a great time observing and touching his new plasma lamp.
After a visit to Grandma and Grandpa Wilde's house we came home to watch some Christmas movies and off to bed we went! Creighton is still at the age where he didn't realize all the fun that would happen the next morning. In fact, him and I were both quite sick so when dad came home at 6:30, we changed our plans to get up that early and slept in! Creighton woke up about 8:45 and begged for cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Good thing those we already on the menu! Him and I went to the kitchen to prepare cinnamon rolls. He completely ignored the excitement in the living room. He didn't even notice the 5 foot pirate ship! While they were baking Creighton watched some Christmas cartoons and then we woke up daddy for the excitement. Creighton tried to take daddy in the kitchen to eat a cinnamon roll, but daddy led him to the living room where he was a bit puzzled to find Jake's pirate ship!
But it didn't take too long to start enjoying it!
After unwrapping each present Creighton wanted to take the time to play with it. It was kind of nice that he wasn't just eager to unwrap everything all at once and see what he got next. So we took our time and enjoyed all of the gifts.
Creighton loves to pretend that he is a doctor and listen to our hearts. Now he doesn't have to use legos anymore! He has his own blood pressure cuff and stethoscope! Creighton tells us the heart says, "Ba-ba... Ba-ba..." He also has other tools he is learning to use!
Thank goodness Big Daddy sent a huge truck for Creighton to put all of his new toys in. Creighton believes that toys should be stored in trucks and pushed around the house. So much more convenient that way. If only he would stop the truck before the wall and baseboard stop him...
Oh, and all the other fun with gifts!! I'm sure one little boy has never had so much fun! We have read new books, watched new movies on our new bean bag, sang songs into our new microphone, played new board games, worn new clothes and pajamas, and played with lots of new "Jake" toys!
This year I wanted to try hard to teach Creighton about the real meaning of Christmas. Of course, having him sit down and listen to much of any kind of a lesson is extremely difficult. Through the month of December, we colored a picture of the nativity, showed Creighton pictures of baby Jesus and the nativity, and hung nativity ornaments on the tree. He would point to pictures and say, "baby Jesus", and he liked the wise men ornaments and would talk about them and also "baby Jesus' mommy." Although it is sometimes frustrating, it is fun to try and teach Creighton about Jesus Christ. I know he understands more than I think he does.
I also had plans this year for starting some fun traditions, but unfortunately with working so much and this pregnancy I didn't do as much as I wanted. Maybe next year!
We were able to have a white Christmas and Creighton has been loving the snow! Him and daddy shoveled the sidewalks together. Creighton has his own Lightening McQueen snow shovel and loves to help! They also had a snow-ball fight!
Being little in Arkansas, I didn't grow up sledding, but Cason did and he decided this year Creighton should get to go! Creighton and daddy went to the store to buy a sled and Creighton couldn't stop talking about going sledding! I was giggling the whole way in the car listening to him, he didn't even know what sledding was! But with daddy involved he knew that he would have a fantastic time.
He sure had a blast and I am sure he will be asking to go sledding all of the time!
Cason is such a fun dad and is always coming up with fun things for him and Creighton to do together. Last night as we were walking the halls of the hospital trying to help baby sister make her way here, he let me know all of the things he can't wait to do with her!
Yes, I thought December 26th or 27th, Macey Jo was going to make her arrival. I woke up the 26th with bad contractions and horrible nausea. After several hours of contractions, we started packing up our bags. However, they subsided... So Cason went to sleep and I went about what I had planned on doing that day. I packed up all of the Christmas decor and tree, rearranged the furniture, and cleaned the carpets... Cason woke up and was not pleased to see all of the work I had been up to after such a rough morning. But I had planned on taking it all down the day after Christmas to prepare for baby and didn't want to do it any other way. I didn't want to have to do it after she was born!
Well, later in the afternoon I started having contractions again but more painful and more frequent. I took a bath to try to get them to go away, I tried different positions laying and standing, they just got closer and more painful. I started drinking lots of water and decided to walk up and down my stairs. I knew if I went to the hospital they would make me walk and drink water so I decided to get it out of the way at home... Well, when they were 6 minutes apart and about 30 sec-1 minute in length I called my mom and Dennis to come and be with Creighton.
At the hospital they hooked me up and monitored my contractions to be 3-4 minutes apart (still painful) but unfortunately they were doing nothing to help Macey Jo get here. They let me stay for a little while and of course made me drink lots of water and walk the halls... but after 2 hours of no progression they sent me home with some sleeping pills so I could deal with the contractions.
So no baby for us today! But sooner rather than later at this point. It is only a little over a week away until her due date. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow... Hopefully I'll receive some good news that my body is getting ready to have a baby! We are looking forward to meeting her!!
Creighton
is learning his Alphabet!
The
Chambers Family 2012 in ABC'S...
A
“Are You My Mother?” is a frequently read book.
B
1st movie at the theatre for little man- BRAVE!
C
Creighton's favorite foods: chicken nuggets and
chips.
D
Due date for little sister: January 6th, 2013.
E
Every spare moment is spent together as a family!
F
Creighton wants to fix it all with a screwdriver and
batteries.
G
Graveyard shift for daddy, but soon that will change.
H
Bonding time for the boys-
haircuts!
I
Cason has an internship
with the city of Pocatello, Planning & Development.
J
Jars of Tomatoes we canned from our own garden.
K
Creighton is great at helping in the kitchen.
L
Lunch dates when the boys pick up mommy at work.
M
Macey Jo, baby sister's name.
N
Nursery class at church is one of Creighton's favorite
places.
O
Jumping on the trampoline or at the park- He loves to be outside.
P
Mr. Potato Head parts are all over the house!
Q
Our little one tries to be quiet while daddy sleeps.
R
Red and blue... we are
working on colors...
S
Sewing Blankets and Burp cloths for baby sister.
T
Our birthdays this year made us Two and Twenty-Five!
U
Mommy feels uncomfortable in these last few weeks of
pregnancy.
V
The DVD player Creighton knows how to control!
W
Smarty-pants learns new words every day, we watch what we
say!
X
Excuse me, please, and thank you- Creighton is polite.
Y
“You Are My Sunshine” little one likes mommy to sing.
Z
Zzzz...Zzzz... We love nap time!
We hope you had a very merry Christmas!










How fun! I'm glad you had a merry christmas! Your card is so cute. Sorry for the false alarms - that means she is getting close to making her arrival!! Good luck...I Can't wait for pictures!!
ReplyDelete