"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

BRAVE

A few weeks ago we took Creighton to see his very first movie in a theater! We saw Disney's BRAVE. He absolutely loved it. He didn't like the previews though. Neither did I. I think the previews get longer with every movie I see. After a preview he would say, "It's starting!!" Then be disappointed... but after that preview again say, "It's starting!!' At home we usually fast forward through previews. We had to take a photo to document this "first":
Creighton loves to watch movies. I wanted to wait to take him to the theater until I knew he could sit still through the whole thing. He moved a few times between our laps and his own seat but he did awesome. He hasn't quit talking about it! Every day (NO JOKE) he says, "Watch Brave! Watch Brave!" Tonight when I was taking home girls after mutual he was telling them about going to see Brave. He is waiting not so patiently for the day we can buy it and then watch it at home over and over and over... 

Creighton has inherited his dad's "movie-watching" genes. I could never watch another movie and be fine. But the boys love them! Unfortunately Creighton is an addict. He asks NUMEROUS times a day to watch a particular movie. Right now he is in a "Kung-Fu Panda" stage. In fact I am learning that a lot of his phrases he says he learns from movies. Last night as I heard Shi-Fu say to Po, "No, I'm not sleeping you idiot!" I thought to myself, "I hope he doesn't start saying the word idiot!" Because I would giggle and then he would know it was funny and say it all the time! I am starting to be more strict with TV and movie time but I can't get rid of them all-together! It can be a nice way to achieve some peace around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment