"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pillow Forts

Creighton has been building a lot of pillow forts lately. He takes the pillows all around the house counting, seven...eight! seven...eight! seven...eight! They are good for hiding under. Creighton LOVES to hide. He says a lot, "Hide! Hide! Hide!" and then reminds me, "Sssshhh!!"
 Pillow forts are also great for relaxing. Creighton loves to curl up with a good book. After we have read one book 3 or 4 times in a day I am tired of that book and usually start telling him no, to reading it again. So he will take the book and flip through the pages and read to himself. One of his favorite books is Hop on Pop. He loves to say, "Hop, Pop, Hop, Pop". He is always so concerned about what is happening to characters in books and likes to add his own commentary. When the mouse is carrying the house, he says, "HEAVY!" And when Will climbs up the hill Creighton says, "TALL! HIGH!" When Pat is going to sit on a cactus he says, "OUCHY!"
It is wonderful that he is starting to talk more. He often says, "I am so happy!" Cason was taking Creighton to nursery today and as they were headed downstairs, where nursery is held, Creighton started jumping and saying, "I'm happy! I'm happy!" He is really loving nursery. He has a fabulous time there. Probably because it is his only interaction with other kids his age. We need to find him some friends and have more play dates. He loves to play!

Like, he loves to play that this pillow fort is a cave and he is trying to escape! 
 The best way to get out of the cave is to use your hammer! They fix everything!
I think I have a little Bobby Flay on my hands. He loves to play that he is a chef. His specialty everyday: SOUP. I am getting tired of eating soup. The only thing that ever changes is the vessel it is delivered in. Sometimes it is the underside of a lego, or a measuring cup, or a plastic lobster, or a plastic shovel. Really, the possibilites for soup bowls are endless.

Books, books, books! We can never have enough books and a gal in my ward was giving away a LOT of books just a few days ago so we picked through the tote and found a "few". Creighton loves reading all of the new books. And mommy is grateful for some new material because several of Creighton's books are being permanently engrained in my brain, never to be forgotten. Unfortunately.
 Currently we are in the phase of: eating. It goes back and forth, but right now Creighton is eating! Hooray! His favorite food as of late is TOAST! When mommy gives it to him it has peanut butter and honey on it. But daddy gives him buttered toast so it doesn't make such a mess. But either way he is happy. Sometimes though he forgets to stop playing and eat, even when food is brought to him! It is hard work working on the railroad! He works so hard in fact that he is still taking 3+ hour naps every day. And he still goes to bed at a decent time. He is like his momma and needs lots of rest!
 Cason and I often look at each other and say things such as, "Did you teach him that?" "How does he know that?" "Did he really just say that?" He is learning so much so fast and it continues to amaze us. He is so grown up!! No more a baby!! He is wonderful and I'm glad he's mine!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice post. I am so glad he is so happy! It is fun to watch them learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Enjoy all of these fun stages, before you know it they don't want to play with you any more they want to be out exploring the world with their friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your fun posts about the day to day things your family does! I can't wait to make pillow forts with my little guy. I'm sad we didn't get together before we moved, but if there is a little hygiene reunion of sorts in the near future keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete