"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Creighton's Daddy

We love Father's Day because we love any reason to shower our Daddy with love, gifts and good food to show our appreciation for all he does for us!

Truly, Creighton's best pal is his daddy. When Cason is at work Creighton asks me numerous times throughout the day, "Daddy soon?" (Daddy coming home soon?) And any time I open the side door he runs into the kitchen thinking it is Daddy coming home from work. His daddy is so good to him. On the days I work, Cason takes him to the park! Then they like to go out for lunch... His daddy has introduced him to delicious foods like chicken nuggets and french fries and taught him the art of "saucing". Meaning that ALL foods must be coated in sauce to be delicious. He never gave up until Creighton learned to properly dunk his fries in the little fry sauce cup. Daddy also helps Creighton feel important by always asking for his help with tasks around the house. Just this morning Cason was fixing a pipe under the bathroom sink and Creighton was standing, nearly on top of Cason, ready with his plastic screws and bolts (from his own work station) to give to Daddy just in case he needed them. He even helps daddy mow the lawn!!
We are very lucky to have Cason as the head of our home. Everything he does is for Creighton and I. In fact in just a few days his work schedule will change so that we can have more quality time together as a family! Cason will be starting graveyard shift. I know- it sounds yucky. But we have been considering this change for quite a while and we are comforted about our decision to switch his shift. No sympathy is necessary.

Since Cason and I have been married he has worked swing shift. It has been hard not to spend evenings together. We only get mornings together as a family and 2 evenings a week. But mornings usually aren't spent together with me at work and Cason going to school. Cason often feels like he doesn't get enough family time with his work schedule. He especially misses bedtime with Creighton. So after a lot of contemplation and prayer we decided this shift change would be best for our family. It will be a hard adjustment for him at first- sleeping in the mornings, but he is willing to do it.

With this change I am sure there will be a downside (or several) but the upsides are shining through!He will still be able to attend school, he is taking late afternoon and evening classes, and will be able to study while at work. He will now be able to serve better in the bishopric, by being available weeknights. And  Creighton and I are going to be thrilled to have Daddy home at night! The two of us regularly get bored with each other.
In just a few days Cason and I will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary. I can't believe it's only 4! So much has happened in four years that it seems like it should have taken longer to get to where we are now.
I am so blessed to be married to someone so wonderful. He truly has so many admirable qualities and is better than me in so many ways. Instead of giving a list, I'll just tell you about one. I use to think that Cason let people "walk all over him". It would make me so angry. I would tell him, "stick up for yourself" or say "you should have told them off". But Cason's view of other people is how God sees us. He is the most kind person I have ever known. He is truly Christlike and understands how to treat other people. He doesn't like to tell people no and would do just about anything he could for someone. He would never talk bad about another person. He easily forgives and forgets. He doesn't point out when others are wrong-even when it involves what someone thinks of him. He understands very well that the Lord knows the intentions of his heart and that satisifies him. He seeks to build others up instead of tearing them down. He does not desire to boast of his own achievements, but those of others. He is always looking for ways to serve others. He teaches me so many things and I know I can become a better person by being his wife.

We are glad to celebrate Cason on Father's Day- but once a year is just not enough! He deserves to be celebrated every day for all he does for our family. We love him and appreciate his sacrifices that make our home a joyous place to be and our life one that I wouldn't change for anything.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! You do have an awesome hubby and he is super lucky to have an equally awesome wife!

    Good luck with graveyard shift. We are so there right now and will be for longer so if you need any helpful hints, let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Katie Jo. Good luck w/ the new work schedule - graves doesn't sound too fun, but having your guy home in the evenings sounds wonderful!! It seems like evenings are such an important part of the day...it will be great to have him home.

    ReplyDelete