Since it is Valentine's Day...let's talk about LOVE.
This little love of my life is truely something else!
Creighton loves to play! It is so amazing how he can manage to entertain himself constantly. Forget about using the toys how they are MEANT to be used though. Creighton always finds different ways to play with the toys. But he doesn't even need traditional toys to have fun. Creighton finds that any toiletry item is superior to anything he has on his toy shelf. Recently he has used mascara as lip gloss, a headband as a necklace, a comb as a spoon, chapstick as hair gel, and quite frankly-taking tampons out of the box and strewing them all over the house is a blast!
Buzz Lightyear and Mickey Mouse are pretty high up on Creighton's list of important "people". He loves cartoons and movies. And he always is concerned during the dramatic scenes. We watched Lion King the other day and when the lions and hyenas were fighting he kept saying, "Oh no. Oh no." Same thing when the mean dogs were chasing Russell and Mr. Fredricksen in, UP.
Creighton loves to color! Thank goodness for Color Wonder by Crayola :) And thanks to Grama and Grampa Wilde for introducing him to it. He has created many wonderful works of art for my refrigerator. Silly mommy- I did teach him how to stack the markers and make a sword...What was I thinking?
The floor is a fabulous place for Creighton to accomplish many of his favorite activities. Creighton will drag his dog, Grits, or a blanket into the kitchen and "read".
I am so grateful to have a child who loves to read. However he has found that it is interesting to peel off the covers of the books. Really? I have a few books from when I was little and he has managed to destroy them in no time at all. A book that has lasted me 20+ years is quickly ruined by "Mr. Destruct-o" (as I often refer to him).
By far, Creighton's favorite book is "Go, Dog, Go". He will sit by himself and turn the pages and say, "Go, Dog, Go. Go, Dog, Go. Go, Dog, Go." It sounds more like, "Dough, Da, Dough." I love to hear him read, so precious. Numerous times a day he will grab a blanket, his teddy bear, and a book and insist to be read to that minute. I am shocked that he doesn't get bored with the same books, but he has about 10 favorites.
This is Creighton teddy bear that he loves. It was never intended to be "his" bear. It is actually mine from when I was a baby, but he found it one day and claimed it as his. I took the above picture because I found him one night feeding his teddy bear Doritos. :)
Creighton and his Grampa are truely BFF's. Here they are watching Monsters, Inc...
and napping on an exceptionally exhausting day of play. Seems like Grampa should be the one sleeping- Creighton doesn't let him rest. Go, go, go!
What's not to love about grandparents who let you put a bowl on your head as a hat? Grama and Grampa Wilde's house is definitely the place to be.
But we are always so glad for visitors to come to our house. Like Aunt Sidnie and "Aunt" Kaylee. Creighton is a big flirt and just loves when the big girls come over to play and make "treats". A few weeks ago we made Oreo-stuffed cookies and Oreo-stuffed brownies. Let's blame pinterest for those ideas. Creighton was in HEAVEN! He loves sugar. But I'm not too surprised :) His favorite candy is probably M&M's. He likes to separate the blue ones out from all the others.
Creighton is so friendly and waves "hi" and "bye-bye" to most everyone. Even when I turn away the annoying door-to-door salesman Creighton smiles and enthusiastically waves and says, "bye-bye!"
He is great at giving "loves". Him and his daddy give "bisous"-a kiss on each cheek and then on the lips!
Happy Valentine's Day!!

Oh man, he sure is a cutie! I love reading all the things that he can do. He's getting so big and learning so much!
ReplyDeleteI loved the tampon story-doesn't every kid do that? Kids!
Glad that he is learning and doing so much and that he is still continuing to be such a sweet boy!
Such a cute boy! I love reading your posts :)
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cute boy! Cami just loves to read too and it is so good to have a kid that loves books. I have to keep library books on the top shelf of the bookcase or I have to do repairs before I take them back :)
ReplyDelete