"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Sunday, May 29, 2011

14

Creighton now has 2 canines on the right side erupting. Those make teeth 13, 14. Yes- that is AHEAD of schedule. He is just BEGGING for a steak. I am so glad he has started enjoying toothbrushing.
 Don't report me to the Idaho State Board of Dentistry, the dentist I work for, or even other hygienists... but Creighton doesn't have his teeth brushed regularly. I know, I know... but he HATES IT. Well, did... until tonight! Perhaps because it feels good on his teeth/gums where the new teeth are erupting. But he brushed for a record 5 minutes. After I helped him do it properly of course. I hope this love of brushing continues and toothbrushing will become an enjoyable and regular (2 times daily) habit.
Now that the fear of the toothbrush is gone I just have to get him to stop sucking that thumb. People say, "You know he's going to need braces, right?" Actually- a 14 month old who sucks is thumb isn't destined for braces. People just like to repeat stuff that they think makes them sound knowledgeable. But he sure loves that thumb-so I better start now to try and kick the habit. Because an 8 year old that sucks his thumb? Yeah... more likely that he will need the braces.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Yeah, I just have to say that Aftyn is my thumb sucker and she STILL sucks her thumb. Only when she is asleep. Like I really mean asleep and she doesn't know she is doing it. Any ideas on how to get rid of that? I'm all for it. And yes, she will have to have braces. Oh well, it could be worse, right?

    I can't believe that he has so many teeth! He is almost done with teething and I bet you couldn't be happier! :-)

    ReplyDelete