Summer came and now we are more than half-way through! This is how we have spent some of our summer-time...
We test-drive our uncle's motorcycle! Vroom... Vroom! Creighton has actually been quite interested in driving recently. He asks lots of questions about the car and is just sure that he is ready to learn to drive! We have had lots of conversations explaining he needs to be much older. BUT HE HAS become much braver "driving" his Spiderman bike! He now speeds down the street "like a fire dragon". It is time for a helmet...
Macey Jo is the reason for Creighton's sudden interest in learning to ride his bike well. He can't let his little sister show him up! She loves to do all things considered "big kid". Macey Jo got this bike from her grandma and grandpa and loves it!
Though Macey Jo loves all things big-kid she also loves babies. Here she is, in a baby bed she made out of a laundry basket. Her and Creighton LOVE to do this and mom strongly dislikes when the mis-matched socks in those baskets are strewn throughout the house....
We love spending time with cousins, a newest addition to our family is Logan Robert Chambers! The kiddos love babies!!
Idaho cousins minus the Kansas cousins. (The 3 Giraud girls... I am sure Macey Jo wishes they were here- she is SO outnumbered!!)
From left to right: Logan- a few days old, Macey Jo- 2 years, Kyle- 3 years, Creighton- 5 years, Tyler- 2 years.
Potty training!! Actually, who am I kidding?! There is not a lot of that going on this summer! Occasionally she wears panties and uses the potty when SHE wants to. Potty training was torture with Creighton. So I am waiting until she is completely ready and basically does it herself. Call me lazy, whatever. I am totally okay with having a 2 1/2 year old not potty trained.
Some times mom tries out the fun things that she sees on Pinterest and Facebook. This one above, hair conditioner play-doh, was a disaster. Messy to make, messy to play with and not as entertaining for the kids as I would have liked! Though it did smell amazing- we will not be repeating this particular play-doh recipe.
A new experience for Creighton- losing teeth! He lost his first tooth on Father's Day (during stake conference!) and the second one on July 21st. Only about a month apart, and both permanent teeth are making their way through! I can't believe he is old enough to lose teeth.
Of course this doll face insisted on pictures of her teeth as well!
During the 4th of July parade this year Creighton kept screaming, "This is the best parade ever!" (One of the only parades we've ever taken him to, really.) But it was disappointing when he realized that all of the candy he collected was taffy and flavored tootsie rolls. He prefers chocolate!
The last week of June and first couple of weeks of July were record-setting scorchers! It was SO hot! I bought the kids a really nice Little Tikes sprinkler that had a place to put balls, then they would roll down a spiral chute and the water pressure would blow them out the top! I thought the kids would love it! They did not- they got TOO wet. They have preferred to play in the smaller sprinkler I use to water a small patch of grass in the front yard that gets too much sun.
The last week of June and first couple of weeks of July were record-setting scorchers! It was SO hot! I bought the kids a really nice Little Tikes sprinkler that had a place to put balls, then they would roll down a spiral chute and the water pressure would blow them out the top! I thought the kids would love it! They did not- they got TOO wet. They have preferred to play in the smaller sprinkler I use to water a small patch of grass in the front yard that gets too much sun.
We went to Bear Lake for the first time as a family recently and the kids REALLY enjoyed themselves. They LOVED the beach. I was surprised how brave they were, running out far into the water. Of course they loved playing in the sand and splashing in the water. They are eager to find out when we are going back to the beach. In fact, Macey has created her own little beach in our basement and regularly applies lotion to the whole family so we won't get a sunburn while at the "basement beach". Likely we will go one more time this summer- the kids love it so much!
The classic burying-the-body-in-sand was a BIG hit with Creighton!
The kids also went to Lagoon for the first time! They were able to go with their daddy and the entire Chambers crew! (I had to work.) They were thrilled with their experience and are eager to go back!
Coming soon is a big event in our family- the wedding of Aunt Sidnie! The kids love Aunt Sidnie's fiancee Brent! Creighton thinks he is SO COOL and they give each other high fives and fist-pumps. He calls Macey Jo "princess" and is always willing to hold her.
August 12th- Payson, Utah temple... Hooray!!
This summer Grandpa Dennis' heart was very sick and he had quadruple bypass surgery. Great-Grandma Carol is also sick but unfortunately despite numerous tests doctors still haven't figured out how to make her better. We are grateful when we get to spend time with our family- we love them so much and have a WONDERFUL eternal family!
A quick stop at the Logan temple before attending our new baby cousins' blessing was so fun! The kids and I had never been there before. We always love to visit the house of the Lord!
Hooray for the summer-time!
No comments:
Post a Comment