Today was Creighton's first day attending Leapin' Lizards Preschool!
We have been talking to Creighton about attending preschool all summer. He has been excited! His teachers even stopped by to visit him at home a few weeks ago. He was glad to have them visit and showed them all of his toys and how he plays with them. He gets along with them great! Then Monday night there was an open house at his school where he got to see his different classrooms and explore with a "scavenger hunt". He got a "special" preschool haircut and new school clothes. There has sure been a lot of preparation on our family's part and his teacher's part to make this transition easier and to make him comfortable.
This morning I could not take him to preschool which was a little sad for me. It is one of those milestones as a mother you hope to be a part of. But if it couldn't be me- the next best person is Creighton's best friend, grandpa! But surprise- daddy got to leave work for a few minutes to see Creighton attend his first day of school!
I worried about him all morning, Will he make friends? Will he wonder where I am? Will he have fun? Will he listen? Surprise- I was able to pick him up from school because I had a patient cancel. When I picked him up though, he told me that he did not have a good time and he did not want to go back ever again. I was so sad but tried to stay positive. All he wanted to know was if it was time to go back to grandpa's house.
Then I worried even more about him that afternoon.
But a little time to process the morning helped I think because when I went to pick him up he was telling grandma how "awesome" preschool was and then later when Grandma and Papa called he told them it was "so fun" and that he was going back tomorrow.
I really hope this will be a good experience. I know that it will be. He needs the structure and to spend time with other kids and begin learning to take direction from someone besides his parents and grandparents.
His school, Leapin' Lizards, is wonderful and I am already so impressed with the schedule and learning centers and all that he will be offered there.
I hope to be able to blog in May 2015 about his wonderful experiences in preschool over this coming school year!

No comments:
Post a Comment