The title connotes that something BIG has happened in the lives of the Chambers family. Not true. Just everyday "stuff", but exciting to us!
Good morning bloggers! Here at our home mommy and Macey have been waking up quite early in the morning. It isn't so bad to get a few things done before Creighton wakes up and to feel like by 8:00 am I have been super productive! But it does mean that we take early naps and are ready for bed earlier than usual. Macey Jo doesn't care much for sleep in general which is really sad for her mommy.
Last week we made a very quick trip to Bountiful for dinner. We were able to meet up with our entire Chambers family (minus 1 brother in law). We made the special trip because Cason's sister was visiting all the way from Kansas. What a treat to see everyone and a treasure to finally get a picture of Grandma and Papa with all of the grandkids! (Creighton, Tyler, Macey Jo, Lucy, Eliza, Jarah, Kyle- from left to right then to the front.)
Papa with the 3 youngest grandkids. These 3 are only 3 1/2 months apart! Macey Jo- January, Lucy- March, Tyler- April. I am guessing they will have a lot of fun in the future...
Creighton and Kyle were able to have a good time together! Sometimes it is hard for Creighton because the cousins he is around most often are so young. At Thanksgiving he really wanted to play with Kyle, but Kyle being 21 months, the age difference seemed huge! He had a hard time figuring out what that Creighton was about... Now that Kyle is two, he really enjoyed playing Ring-Around-the-Rosie with his older cousin! In fact we have a play date next week for the "star dinner place" (AKA Carl's Jr.) I am so glad to see all of the cousins play together. Thank goodness we had a large room for the cousins to play chase in.
This is "baby":
Macey Jo is usually found carrying her around the house. She loves Miss Baby and makes her do what Macey Jo does. Meaning that recently she has been putting Baby on the potty...
I'm not trying to potty train my 15 month old. Cason is!! But she is clearly not interested in diapers. She brings us a diaper when she is wet or poopy and does love to sit on the froggy potty daddy brought upstairs for her. Whatever happens, happens. I learned enough about the frustrations of potty training with Creighton. I am going to let Cason do whatever he wants with potty training Macey Jo. It may be beneficial, her love for Baby, and that she is already putting Baby on the potty. It may be a great teaching tool!
We have already colored a batch of Easter eggs!
How fun (and so messy) for the kids.
Creighton's favorite thing is to dip the eggs in each color and see what happens!
Creighton told daddy the day after we colored the eggs... "Mommy let us color Easter eggs so we could have a good Easter!" I (STILL) love that guy!!
We watched an Easter video on LDS.org and I wondered if it would be too "mature" for Creighton and if it would help him understand Easter. (I couldn't find any geared for children). But it ended up being perfect. He asked questions about the cross and nails and tomb... I have learned I underestimate his capacity for learning and understanding. He is smarter than I give him credit for and does understand so much. In fact, he started to tear up as he watched the video when he knew Jesus was being hurt. The spirit is strong with children and does teach them. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and that I know what to teach my children about where they came from, why they are here, and where they are going- what a great blessing.
Macy looks just like you!! :)
ReplyDelete