I thought I would be a fun mommy for Valentine's Day and make hot pink heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast. After making them and setting them in front of Creighton he pushed them away and said, "No thank you!" And daddy won't eat breakfast... So I ate a Valentine breakfast alone.
Creighton did later eat one small one after I wouldn't let him have any of my Valentine candy since he didn't eat breakfast.
Creighton did later eat one small one after I wouldn't let him have any of my Valentine candy since he didn't eat breakfast.
Mr. Creighton is sure polite with his words. A few weeks ago when he was sick we were trying to make him take some medicine and he screamed (mixed with many tears) "No thank you!! No thank you!!" It was hard not to laugh, so Cason and I did. And we partially succeeded in administering medicine to our sick boy.
He is a cartoon and movie (and chocolate) addict. And he absorbs everything he hears. Last night he was watching Finding Nemo... There is a scene where the young ocean creatures call a boat a butt and they dare Nemo to "touch the butt." I went to check on him during this scene and he said, "Look mom! A butt! It's a big butt!" (I held in my giggle this time.) He does remember educational things though. He also told me Nemo's daddy was a clown fish.
We had a conversation lately that went something like this:
Creighton: "Mom, let me look at your hair."
Me: "Ok." (leaned my head forward)
C: (after examining for 3 seconds) "Looks good."
M: "Thanks."
C: "I need a haircut."
M: "You need your hair cut?" (He really doesn't)
C: "No mom! Not tonight, it's dark! It's too late. I can't get in the car."
He has been obsessed with monsters and ghosts since Halloween. One of the young women in our ward was riding in our car last night and Creighton told her, "There is a ghost in the bushes." And he has seen a spider in our house like twice and talks about it all the time. He says he sees the spider under his bed, that the spider took his toy, that there is a spider in his mouth... yuck. He doesn't seem scared, he just likes talking about it. I am trying to teach him what the truth is and that we only say things that really happened. But it is a hard concept for an almost 3 year old to grasp.
Here he is sleeping. That giant dog is named Grits and Creighton insists on burrowing himself completely under him while sleeping. I always have to uncover him. It's a wonder he can sleep that way because he is always drenched with sweat. Creighton insists on sleeping with a plethora of stuffed animals. He also thinks sister should too and took this pig into her the other day:
Creighton is in a sleeping transition right now. He doesn't really need a nap during the day and doesn't want to take one, but then he goes to sleep at 6:30 pm. So he either wakes up at 10:00 pm or 4:00 am wanting to play. So I have been trying to force a short afternoon nap but he is impossible to wake up and likes to nap at least 3 hours. Then a decent bedtime is also impossible.
Little sister is on a pretty good sleeping schedule at night. She goes down about 10:00 pm and wakes up at 2:00 am, eats and goes right back down, then back up at 5-6:00 am, eats and then goes right back down until about 9:00 am. But during the day she doesn't sleep longer than 30 minutes at a time. It makes stuff at home nearly impossible to do because she LOVES to be held.
Creighton is confused about daddy's sleeping schedule. Today he told me, "Mommy, be quiet, daddy is sleeping." I use to tell him that when Cason worked graves and slept during the day. But he hasn't done that for almost 2 months now. I think Macey Jo can't sleep long during the day because her brother is loud and she seems to be very sensitive to noise. Any peep and she is waking up to see what is going on. I feel terrible, I say several times a day, "Creighton! Be quiet! Sister is sleeping!"
This sweet girl couldn't help me eat the Valentine pancakes this morning, but I know she would have if she could! She loves Valentine's Day! She has been so happy to wear several pink and red outfits the past week preparing for the big day!
I forgot how hard it is to take pictures of a newborn because they are so wobbly (always falling over) and it is impossible to get them to look at the camera! However, soon I may be able to get some smiling pictures. She started smiling a few days ago and giggled yesterday.
Cason has been at work all day (and tonight) so he made me a Valentine's dinner yesterday! And today, though he wouldn't eat the pancakes either... he did leave me 13 folded up notes, each saying something he loves about me. I am supposed to read one every hour he is gone. It has been a lot of fun!
Happy Valentine's Day!! We hope you felt loved!!
(I made this handout for the Young Women in my ward for Valentine's Day and attached some candy conversation hearts. I found the idea on Pinterest, but added to it with some scriptures from the Book of Mormon. It was fun!! Maybe you can use it too!)
(I made this handout for the Young Women in my ward for Valentine's Day and attached some candy conversation hearts. I found the idea on Pinterest, but added to it with some scriptures from the Book of Mormon. It was fun!! Maybe you can use it too!)
Heavenly
Father and Jesus Christ's
Conversation
Hearts
True
Love- John 3:16-17
All
Mine- John 10: 27-30
Be
Mine- Romans 8:35, 1 John 4:16
I'm
Sure- Helaman 5:12
Love
Me- Luke 10:27
New
Love- John 13:34
Sweet
Talk- Psalm 119:103
Call
Me- Jeremiah 33:3, Alma 34:17
Ask
Me- 3 Nephi 14:7
Be
Good- John 14:15
Hug
Me- Moroni 8:26, 2 nephi 1:15
I
Hope- Moroni 7:41
Me
and You- Alma 26:11-12

So cute... Wish I would have seen your post bedew valentines... Such a cute valentine idea. Your little ones are so cute'
ReplyDeleteOh your kiddos are so cute! Baby girl is adorable! Congrats again!
ReplyDelete