"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Cocoa Bean

In a post a few weeks ago I wrote about how Creighton HATES to have his teeth brushed. Well, since then he has changed his mind and it has become a lot less work to brush teeth around here. So, I decided to write another post about all of the things Creighton hates to do, won't do, or his naughty habits in hopes that those things will change also.

Just kidding. This is a nice post about how wonderful our growing boy is! 
Daddy likes to call Creighton, "cocoa bean". Somewhere Creighton learned the word, cocoa bean, and thought it was a funny word to say. So he started saying it a lot! It would make his daddy giggle so he nicknamed Creighton "cocoa bean". 
Creighton is a great conversationist. I can't believe that just 6 months ago I was worried he would never talk. At his 2 year appointment he was hardly saying more than one word at a time, and his vocabulary was small. His pediatrician said that if by his 2 1/2 birthday he wasn't putting words together he may have to be seen by a speech therapist and have his hearing checked. Of course I was worried! Now it seems silly. He is a great talker and will try to imitate anything we say. Which we have learned means that we must be careful what we say. Unfortunately I found myself saying, "Creighton, don't do that... that's disgusting..." (like when he spits or smashes food...) Well now he says it too! And in the perfect context. Whenever we give him a food he doesn't want to eat he says, "That's disgusting!" Errr... 
His daddy tries to teach him new words all the time because he likes to hear how Creighton pronounces them. He tries his best. Sometimes he will get stuck on a word that he says for weeks. A while ago he loved the word "path." He wanted to drive on the path, go down the path, look at the path, he could see the path... It is interesting to me the words he picks up on. 
I love his funny phrases. The other night we came home and the sensor porch light came on as we approached and he said, "Hi light! It's me, Creighton!" We had a real good laugh over that. 
He loves lights! Still! Ever since he was a tiny baby... He is obsessed with finding the moon and he will search until it is found. He then talks about the moon for a very long time. Tonight on the drive home from grandma's house he told us the moon was hungry for cinnamon rolls. Hmmm... I think it was someone else hungry for cinnamon rolls... 
One morning I woke up at 3:30 am (one of those potty trips) and couldn't go back to sleep. After looking at baby girl clothes online for over an hour I decided to make some cinnamon rolls for breakfast! Creighton must have been sharing my thoughts because he woke up at 5:30 am to help! He just loves to help "make" anything. He always pulls his chair up to the counter to be of assistance. Most of the time he is quite helpful. His job is to do the dumping- he dumps in the ingredients after they are measured.
He is a pretty good cook himself. He likes to make soup mostly. Lately he has been making hot dog soup and chocolate milk soup. He also makes water. I have been trying to convince Cason that Creighton needs a kitchen set for Christmas but daddy says they are too girly. Well, I guess unborn baby sister will just have to get one this year... 
With his love for cooking I wish he was a better eater. He is proof that boy can live on chicken and potatoes alone. His favorite food is definitely chicken nuggets and french fries/chips. He is constantly asking for chicken nuggets. The other day he found a receipt somewhere in the house and took it over to his daddy and pointed to different words saying, "I want chicken nuggets, (pointed to a new word) french fries, (pointed to a new word) and chocolate milk." Just like he was ordering off of a menu! His daddy was so impressed he took Creighton to Arctic Circle for chicken nuggets and to play on the toys. He is spoiled rotten.
His favorite place to eat out though is Costa Vida. He recognizes it when we drive by and will often tell us he is hungry. He loves beans and rice! And hot sauce!! His daddy has taught him to eat hot sauce and I am a bit irritated... I hate to watch when he eats too much of it and his body literally starts convulsing as he chokes/gasps (he makes scary faces) and daddy says, "Drink some milk." And then he begs for more! I think he likes it because his daddy does it. In fact one day at Costa Vida Cason wasn't using hot sauce and Creighton asked him to go and get some. What a hot sauce monster Cason has created...
 Creighton loves his daddy so much! Creighton and Mommy "make" and Creighton and Daddy "fix". Cason always lets Creighton help him with projects. Creighton has learned that a screw driver and batteries fix most things. If something is broke, or if he thinks it is broke he is ready to fix it with a screwdriver and batteries. Because of his love of lights he is always anxious to help change a light bulb! 
I have been working a lot more lately and these two boys have been able to spend more time together alone. It's been good for them! It's so sweet to see their special bond. Cason loves to take Creighton to do new things and have a good time. A few days ago they went outside to fly a kite. Creighton was just in heaven and giggling the whole time. Daddy is so much fun. It always makes him cry when they have to stop their fun activity. 
Daddy has been trying hard to get Creighton to use the potty... 
As you can see this is no private matter. All are invited to the potty with Creighton (like piggy and Mr. Bear) and mommy and daddy... And all are invited to look in the potty to see what he did! Cason has been trying so hard to potty-train Creighton. I've almost given up and decided he will do it when he is ready. I am not happy it is taking so long... but the harder I try the more he resists. Cason is more dilligent however. He has tried it all. He is a briber: movies, cartoons, candy, chips,  trips to the park... He also told Creighton it made the elephant on his diaper sad when he pooped on him. Well that backfired! Now Creighton thinks it is funny to tell me he poo-pooed on the elephant. Thanks dad. 
Often, if we haven't seen people for a while, when they see Creighton they say, "He is getting so tall!" Since I see him everyday I don't think he is that tall or growing like a weed. But I am learning that he can reach a lot more than he use to! A few days ago Cason said, "Did you know he has a truck full of gummy bears?" I said, "Yeah, I let him have a few." Cason said, "No... he has a TRUCK-FULL." hehehe His daddy was right! He had climbed on the counter sometime and taken most of the gummy bears. Not for eating though, but for playing!
Creighton loves to play and is really great at entertaining himself. His imagination is incredible! I forgot how amazing kids are at creating things from nothing.
He is still loving our piano and loves to play it and sing. He loves to sing! He sings the ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Give Said the Little Stream, I Am A Child of God, and "Creighton song". Creighton's song is, You Are My Sunshine. When I sing it to Creighton I put his name in the song and he really likes that. Lately he has had a sick tummy and he will ask me to sing. It makes him feel better! And melts my heart! I am glad he loves music so much and wonder if he might be already developing a talent for it... He also loves to dance to music. Whenever he hears music he says, "Please dance!" We dance in the kitchen, but I wouldn't dance at Commercial Tire the other day... I get more easily embarrassed than Creighton apparently. 
His favorite friend to play with is his grandpa. He goes over there twice a week while I work and he loves it. This week he hasn't had to go because daddy had no work or school. And next week I have no work. He is having withdrawals and it could get worse... Several times a day he asks to go to grandpa's.
He is getting excited to be a big brother! Here he is with his cousin, Kyle.
 He loves to talk about baby sister and help get ready for her. I have been surprised how easily and happily he talks about her. I hope this is a good sign for the future! A few days ago I told Creighton he could not have any more Halloween candy. A few minutes later he brought me a half eaten sucker. I said, "Creighton, I said no more candy." He said, "Baby sister!" Not sure if he was blaming her for it or wanting to give it to her... Either way, I shouldn't be surprised he talks about her like she is already here because a lot of times we do too!

I think that I will always remember every cute/funny adorable thing that he says and does... but I am realizing lately that I forget a lot! It makes me sad. I am trying to start a journal to record everything I want to remember about him at this age. Every day is full of fun and new things. He makes me love my life!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to start a journal of my kiddo's cute and funny sayings and things that he does too. It seems like I never have time though. Creighton really is a cutie, and getting so big! I can't wait to see pictures of little sister soon!

    ReplyDelete