"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." 2 Nephi 5:27

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pity Party

Yesterday we were going to celebrate Creighton's 2nd Birthday with a Mickey Mouse party. However, our entire family has come down with the flu, so we had to cancel (reschedule).

Cason got sick on Wednesday morning and I convinced him to stay home from work. He hasn't been back since. He finally went to the doctor Friday and he did test positive for the flu (contagious until 24 hr. after his fever breaks). Creighton got sick on Wednesday night. He bounces in and out of sickness like no one I've ever known. Mornings and nights he is very sick, but afternoons and evenings he is as playful and giggly as ever. I finally got sick on Friday and with a very sad heart cancelled the birthday celebration. I had hoped we would all quickly recover. But that was serious wishful thinking.

It is super difficult to be sick as a family. Cason and I take turns taking care of each other and Creighton. We have had so many volunteer to come to our rescue- thank you! And so many who have brought soup, movies, treats, soda, humidifier, medicine, etc.

Wednesday evening I was standing in line at Albertsons and as I stared at what I was purchasing I thought, "You can certainly tell a lot about a person from what they are buying!" I was buying: (2) 20 oz. Sprite, 1 box Saltines, 1 bottle Pedialyte, 1 Buzz Lightyear sippy cup, and 1 box medicine. Hmmm... No question what was going on at our house! But the guy in front of me was buying: 1 box fettucine, 1 bottle pasta sauce, 1 box sparkling orange drink, (2) bags 128 count fish sticks, and 1 pkg. sushi (from the deli). That one stumps me a bit. Perhaps him and his wife are having a romantic spaghetti dinner (with sparkling drink) and his 23 VERY hungry children are having fish sticks and their oldest sibling, with the sophisticated palate, is having the sushi. Just a guess.

We were grateful for a Phineas and Ferb marathon yesterday (in celebration of Platypus day) to keep us entertained and giggling. Grateful to have my own washing machine at home. If I had to go to the laundry mat we would be without sheets, blankets, towels, and our beloved stuffed animals-Mr. Bear and Grits (the dog). Grateful, again, for all those with calls of love and concern on our behalf.

I am feeling on the mend right now and planning to go to work in the morning. I have a nasty sore throat-but the only hygienist to cover me has a doctor's appointment. She is so kindly going to work the afternoon for me though. Often times when people find out I am a hygienist they say something like, "I hear that is a great job to have with a family! Super flexible!" Um...kind of. If I wanted to start working Thursdays instead of Wednesdays, that would probably be doable. But if I say I am going to be there on Thursdays, I HAVE to be there on Thursdays! There are at least 10 patients scheduled with me. Flexible? Not so much...

Cason is hoping to go back to work tomorrow as well. He starts training a new corrections officer tomorrow. Not a promotion or a pay increase, but it is an additional responsiblity that I suppose says they would like to have a new hire work like Cason does :) Cason is a hard worker. It is great to have a husband who works so hard. Not only does he work hard, but he makes sure he does everything to the best that he can while being respectful and showing integrity.

Mr. Creighton. I'm not sure what tomorrow holds for him. I hope he is better, but if not, I will snuggle him and read him stories over and over and over, and give him delicious red and purple medicine, and continue to play movies for him like Bolt, Tangled, Ice Age, and Toy Story. One of his favorite movies is Tangled. Cason thinks it is weird. I don't. There is plenty of action in that movie to keep a little boy entertained! And glowing hair is awesome no matter who you are.

And next weekend we will DEFINITELY be having our Mickey Mouse Birthday party to celebrate a very special 2nd birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick :( No fun at all! And horrible timing! Hope you all get feeling better, and I'll be awaiting a post about this awesome birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that is totally the pits that you are all sick. And the mom is always the last to get it. Yucky! I sure hope that everyone is on the mend this week and that you are all feeling so much better soon. Let me know if you need ANYTHING! I'm super close and willing to help however needed. I mean it!

    ReplyDelete